FROM 1 TO 2

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I have the super 6 intake, carb/cleaner and kick down linkage, what other parts do I need for the conversion? Heard about special bolts and exhaust manifold. Trying to get this conversion done over the weekend and not a long week project.

I have the super 6 intake, carb/cleaner and kick down linkage, what other parts do I need for the conversion? Heard about special bolts and exhaust manifold. Trying to get this conversion done over the weekend and not a long week project.
Yeah I always start out thinking it's going to take one or two days myself if I get everything all lined up first. Bahahaha LOL!!!
My recommendation is you have a confirmed alternate mode of transportation for work on Monday.....
I just say this because sometimes header bolts are older rusty and have a tendency to break and turn what was thought to be he a quick weekend job into a week-long nightmare. Absolutely not trying to discourage you here but the minute that I personally say I need something done in a certain time guarantees disaster.

It is very much worth your while to get the good gaskets for the manifolds-to-head and intake-to-exhaust junctions.

Manifold hardware, see here. General manifold install info, see here.

Exhaust manifolds aren't different 1bbl vs. 2bbl, they're different by production year. Only the '73-up exhaust manifolds will accept the factory-type choke thermostat, but a № 1232 Electric choke kit is better than the factory setup and fits on any exhaust manifold.

Assuming you're installing in an A-body you'll need a shorter throttle cable. For the early type (through '75ish) with the round metal ferrule where it fits into the firewall, the cable you need is this one. For '76-up with the square plastic ferrule, it's this one.

Kickdown linkage: good, but note the lever on the transmission itself is different for the 1bbl vs. 2bbl linkage; mismatch will prevent you adjusting correctly for appropriate up- and downshift behaviour. See this thread for other kickdown options as needed.

-
Back