Front end rebuild kits

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
Hello all,
Planning on rebuilding the front suspension-brakes-steering as winter project. I have the k-frame assembly out of the '74 Dart donor, planning on putting in my '69 Cuda next summer (along with the frame rails, torsion cross member and inner fenders from the Dart). Planning on keeping it stock... maybe after market UCA's. I see various rebuild kits on the market.. any input on good ones, or ones to stay away from?
Thanks!

I got mine thru PST.
You will still need some stuff that they don't supply like split pins for the strut rods.
I used the LCA stiffener plates, it takes the sloppiness out of the T-bar pivots.

If there is anything that I can answer for you on our product lines just let me know. Please feel free to send me a pm. We offer a couple of different levels of our front end rebuild kits both in standard oem rubber or polygraphite bushings.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing

PST will treat you right. When I ordered my kit, I was supposed to get a discount on the special ball joint tool. They didn't give it to me. When I called them, they corrected it right away, no problem. And it's good stuff.

I got torsion bars, sway bars, tubular UCAs and the whole shot from PST. They are great to deal with!

Cley

I used urethane bushings because rubber ones go bad just looking at them . Happy so far . Got the LCA stiffening plates . Hint : when depressing the bushing on the UCA use care not to bend them . Same when pressing new ones in . Easy to bend them , ask me how I know . When putting everything back together use never-seize , helps a lot .

If you're reusing your UCA's, remove the ball joints from the upper control arms before taking them out of the car. It's easier than putting the UCA in a vice.

Thanks for all the input everyone! Seems PST is the way to go. I'll have to wait until after Christmas... unless I can drop enough specific hints to the wife, lol.

-
Back