Front shocks for big wheelies????

-

crooksduster

Reaction score
What front shocks are the guys who are doing wheel stands using to help with the rebound after the wheelis. My duster has stock front suspension with a pair of cheap 90/10 that are probably worn out!! I am looking to replace them and was wondering what everyone is running????

why? u enjoy trippin the 60's with your rear tires? thats costs ET but gets yah slightly more MPH.
anyways.. thats off subject. 90/10's will work. then again, so will normal front shocks, which IMO,
is the better choise for that. adjustable shocks would seem to be the cats *** tho.

why? u enjoy trippin the 60's with your rear tires? thats costs ET but gets yah slightly more MPH.
anyways.. thats off subject. 90/10's will work. then again, so will normal front shocks, which IMO,
is the better choise for that. adjustable shocks would seem to be the cats *** tho.

You are correct, I do enjoy the wheelies!! I am going to continue doing them also!! I am just trying to keep the front end from slamming down so far when it lands!! Also a side note, I am no chassis expert or suspension expert, but my car 60's quicker and over all et's quicker, the higher wheelies i do!! Figure that one out cause i cant!! Also no matter what gear I put in it, It 60's the same!! Wheelie bars high, it goes 1.29/1.300, with them medium, it goes 1.31/1.32, with em low, it goes 1.33/1.34!! I have had a 4.88 gear, a 4.56, and now a 4.30!! The 4.30 has been the most consistant gear. Thanks for the input though, Shawn

You are correct, I do enjoy the wheelies!! I am going to continue doing them also!! I am just trying to keep the front end from slamming down so far when it lands!! Also a side note, I am no chassis expert or suspension expert, but my car 60's quicker and over all et's quicker, the higher wheelies i do!! Figure that one out cause i cant!! Also no matter what gear I put in it, It 60's the same!! Wheelie bars high, it goes 1.29/1.300, with them medium, it goes 1.31/1.32, with em low, it goes 1.33/1.34!! I have had a 4.88 gear, a 4.56, and now a 4.30!! The 4.30 has been the most consistant gear. Thanks for the input though, Shawn
My car has the bounce also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41zVpmrpSE

We used just the old run of the mill Lakewoods 90/10.Car came down
smooth but still hard on suspension parts.

My car has the bounce also
sweet.. didn't catcha ET on those runs.. BBC in it?

crooksduster.. what ET's are you runnin? and yah.. thats a perplexing.. usually the higher the
wheelstand, the slower the 60'. mine for example, 60s in the 1.40s, ocasionally when i get
good bite, and carry the fronts past the 60, it'll be in the 1.50s. i suspect that your planting the
tires harder with the higher settings, causing less wheelspin.. just a theory.

QA1 makes a variety of shocks for all kinds of racing. If I were in your position and didn't want the bounce, this is where I would go first for a solution.

http://www.carrerashocks.com/qa1_motorsports/index.html

I bought some Double adjustable for the rear and figured I would tie down the front more

stuff007.jpg

stuff001.jpg

u only do 1/8ths? what kinda gear u runnin? just curious.
4.88 gear 32.5x14.5 slicks.We have a boat load of eighth mile tracks and our 1/4 is in Ennis and it sucks!The only time it hooks is when there is a major event.

4.88 gear 32.5x14.5 slicks.We have a boat load of eighth mile tracks and our 1/4 is in Ennis and it sucks!The only time it hooks is when there is a major event.
i hear yah. tried 4.88s for the 1/4 once, worked awesome. one problem tho.. ran outta rpm at about 900ft (30x10 tires).

If Koni makes a shock that would work, I'd try that first.

They helped a ton on a wheelie prone Mustang I used to run.

That thing is haulin the mail brotha!!! Nice job!!!:notworth:

Thanks!I tried to sell it but did not want to give it away.I had this deal on a 70 Duster street car and a w-5 set up with a f2 procharger and didn't sell my Camaro.That Duster was going to be mean but I could not put the deal together!

I might try them out on Halloween at Texasraceway.I've been working and don't have much time to play.

-
Back