front suspension rebuild

-

Reaction score
Ill start by saying I have done ZERO research on the topic. With that in mind I understand if there are no responses, its not that I dont want to do it, I am out here now working on the car, pulling the K-frame and am just hoping someone will be kind enough to answer the question.

71 Dart, was a 6 cyl car, may still be a 6 cyl car but more likely may have a 340.

I have the V-8 K frame.

Is it possible to buy a kit that will have EVERY single thing needed to rebuild the front suspension components on the car ( excluding whats inside the drum of course ) and where can I get that and if possible how much.

I am also wondering if I can buy EVERY single part from Napa locally, even if it cost me a 100 bucks more and didnt have to wait for it.

Im not even sure at this point if I need to blast all the components or would a kit have new components I.E upper control arms ect ect.

Im not looking for a performance kit per se......the car wont be a daily driver, just something I drive occassinaly on a weekend I guess, Im not entering any road race courses, stock components assuming they are the same quality as original would suit me just fine.

Also what do you suggest for coating the blasted suspension components? Powder coating would be nice but id have to look into the price, my buddy could do a great job but because its alot of BS parts Im guessing it would still run 2-3 hun

Thanks for any replies.

Picture 914.jpg

Picture 915.jpg

Last edited:
Yes you can buy front end rebuild kits. We have varying types from oem rubber to polygraphite. We have from basic to super and shipping is free within the US 48 States. As for the upper control arms. I currently do not know anyone making the small ball joint arms for pre 73 A bodies. But we do offer the later 73-76 large ball joint control arms, but with those you would need to convert the front to disc brake.

Here is a quick link to the kits that we offer:

PST | Front End Parts | Front End Kits | Suspension Rebuild Kits

Thanks
James

I had assumed the OP was inquiring about stamp steel OE replacements. As his description of what we wanted was OE replacement parts not performance sorry that I did not clarify.

Thanks
James

Yes you can buy front end rebuild kits. We have varying types from oem rubber to polygraphite. We have from basic to super and shipping is free within the US 48 States. As for the upper control arms. I currently do not know anyone making the small ball joint arms for pre 73 A bodies. But we do offer the later 73-76 large ball joint control arms, but with those you would need to convert the front to disc brake.

Here is a quick link to the kits that we offer:

PST | Front End Parts | Front End Kits | Suspension Rebuild Kits

Thanks
James
OP, PST has TOP quality parts. Highly recommend. :thumbsup:

I was just looking up some small ball joint upper arms today.
Firm feel arms were $400
QA1 arms were around $290 to $300

If the parts are not made in North America, walk away. Doesn't matter who sells them. USA made is best, but I won't shy away from Canada/Mexico made. I just went through this with parts for a '57 Coronet. Kanter had a kit, but could not tell me where the parts were made. Rock Auto had quality parts, made in USA. Had to go with Rare Parts for the idler arm bushing, though. Now if I can just get that last torsion bar socket off...

Before & After. Powder coated all parts. Local Napa stuff. And Doctor Diff.

20170429_160434.jpg

20170704_220758.jpg

The car was the best vise. Good luck with it.

-
Back