Front Suspension thoughts?

-

soccernut43

Reaction score
Anybody used the PST Polygraphic Performance Super Front End kit? Upper "A" Arm Bushings and End Link Bushings are poly. Lower Control Arm Bushing is rubber. Kit is $439. Looks to have almost everything.

Also, poly or rubber? Thanks in advance.

I didn't use the kit but used all red PST poly in the entire front and rear steering and suspension.
I replaced the engine and trans mounts with OEM rubber for sound and vibration isolation.

The poly is nice if you don't mind a bit more road noise from the tires, as it transmits the sounds through the poly better than rubber.
But if you are looking for a good firm better performing suspension I would highly recommend the poly.

If you want a nice smooth quiet ride for a cruiser, then use the rubber.

Thanks. I'm looking for the "cruiser ride". Just want to put it back on the street, drive it, take it to a few shows, no competition. Appreciate the reply.

Thanks. I'm looking for the "cruiser ride". Just want to put it back on the street, drive it, take it to a few shows, no competition. Appreciate the reply.

With what you're wanting, you could probably get away with rubber. However, I'd go poly for longevity and feel. If you do go poly, do lightly put of grease of the poly bushing, I did this on my old charger after an old man told me too, got rid of the squeak that sometimes is present with poly bushings.

I greased the crap out of the shackle bushings and lower control arm bushings, but that was all. (and it's all just fine)
Every once in awhile after it rains I get a couple of squeaks over bumps from a lower control arm till it all dries out again.

I used poly once for a street driver, but within 3 years I had to do it all over with OEM rubber. The poly doesn't dampen as much of the shock and rough roads really beat them up....

Keep your old tie rod sleeves. Mine from PST were too long, with not enough threads to shorten them.

Then use stock rubber bushings.

Want to do it once -- the right way -- as much MOOG as you can get -- much pricier --
but 1000 % better -- I can help you with all of it......

I just had front end work done on mine last week. Went with new rubber bushings alround and had a sway bar installed too. All bushings/bumpers/end links were Moog except for the sway bar bushings which are Energy Suspension since Moog doesn't make a 13/16 bushing for the sway bar. It was tough finding the strut bar bushing kit (K7068 ) but found a kit from a member here.

Since I had new bushings and sway bar installed at the same time I'm not sure how much of a difference one made over the other but the car drives A LOT better now. It doesn't float nearly as much going around corners and it's a lot tighter when going over speed bumps.

Anybody used the PST Polygraphic Performance Super Front End kit? Upper "A" Arm Bushings and End Link Bushings are poly. Lower Control Arm Bushing is rubber. Kit is $439. Looks to have almost everything.

Also, poly or rubber? Thanks in advance.

If there is anything that I can answer for you about our product line please let me know.

Thanks
James

Want to do it once -- the right way -- as much MOOG as you can get -- much pricier --
but 1000 % better -- I can help you with all of it......

Moog ball joints have problems lately... :protest: :violent1:

there is another brand that is better quality now, but I can't remember the name... #-o :banghead:

Moog ball joints have problems lately... :protest: :violent1:

there is another brand that is better quality now, but I can't remember the name... #-o :banghead:

Your correct.. Moog is mostly average at best now. I also can't remember the name of the company but the parts are made in USA, and Taiwan. Maybe this
http://proforged.com

If there is anything that I can answer for you about our product line please let me know.

Thanks
James

Hi James

Having used PST products over the years .........I would use them again in a heartbeat. (ooops....sorry for the bow- tie reference)

Thanks for your support.
Denny

-
Back