FRONT suspension

-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
OKAY guys i have a 1968 Barracuda NOTchback

When i first got it the front suspension was pretty low i replaced the sway bar end links and now it looks way higher in the front.
i loved the lowered look in the front how can i fix this?

the endlinks it had before were longer but all bent.

i replaced them with really small length bolts. is this the problem .

my guess was the smaller the bolt the lower it would be.

im looking for some easy ways also to give the rear a little lift .
maybe new shocks? new BUSSHINGS? sway bar end links?

please some help for the FRONT SUSPENSION ASAP would be Appreciated i dont like the STANCE it has right now at all.
dont really like driving it like that.
doesnt look mean at all... :cheers:

thank you in advance..

Torsion bar ajustment is how you set ride height. I don't know how sway bar bolts would have changed things unless you are putting things in a real bind.

okay how does one lower the car by messing around with the torsion bar bolt? any photos? instructions ? videos?

further info.. thanx guys.

this bolt, inside each control arm, lowers the front by loosening it and raises it by tightening it. you want to adjust them in equal increments with the weight off the front wheels. each time you move them , you will want to go around the block so the front end settles. when you are happy with the ride height, you may want to go get it aligned. i dont , but some will suggest you do

Attachments

• torsion bar.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 323
:) WOW!!!!

PERFECT EXACTLy what i was looking for i was looking through FORUMS for hours wasnt finding the right one
thanks alot
HELPS more than enought, BUMP

:) WOW!!!!

PERFECT EXACTLy what i was looking for i was looking through FORUMS for hours wasnt finding the right one
thanks alot
HELPS more than enought, BUMP

All Mopar equipped A bodies have that same set up no matter what year. If you found the information in the search you would found complete how to do it threads so you would learn what not to do. 73AbodEE's car is a 1973 and that is the year of the K frame change, lower control arm change if you had a sway bar, brake change if you have BBP and the upper control arm change.

One word of caution; lower ride height than factory spec will cause bushing binding, poor handling and poor ride from bottoming out due to reduced suspension travel… But it’s your car have at it.

I would be making sure all bushings and front end components are in good working order, and trying to improve handling and ride with stiffer torsion bars.

-
Back