Front sway bar

-

downsr

Reaction score
Installing original front sway bar back in my 70 duster can't find the mounting brackets.Can you buy these.

I believe I remember reading that Hotchkis sold them. I dont know if they came with there sway bar only or were available separately. Might be worth a phone call. If you have fabrication skills you can always make your own out of c-channel. I had to do that because I could not find a single LCA with the tab.

Hotchkis Doesn't sell repop factory type sway bar mounts for the 65-72 A body applications.
They sell them for the 66-69 B Body cars and
73-76 A Body cars, 70-74 E Body cars, and 70-72 B Body cars, which all use the same style bracket.

You will probably need to fabricate your own bracket, or i have seen a picture of a guy using a 73-76 bracket that he welded onto the end of the LCA, but it's pretty much mickey mouse, but i guess it works.

Hotchkis Doesn't sell repop factory type sway bar mounts for the 65-72 A body applications.
They sell them for the 66-69 B Body cars and
73-76 A Body cars, 70-74 E Body cars, and 70-72 B Body cars, which all use the same style bracket.

You will probably need to fabricate your own bracket, or i have seen a picture of a guy using a 73-76 bracket that he welded onto the end of the LCA, but it's pretty much mickey mouse, but i guess it works.

Ahhh yes, I stand corrected. That is right it was for 73 and up as stated. Thanks Hemi71x for the correction.

If it's original to the car the LCA tabs are prob still there? Are you looking for the brackets to the K frame. I would think someone will have them used. See a lot of guys on here swapping out to later style setup...

Installing original front sway bar back in my 70 duster can't find the mounting brackets.Can you buy these.

Uh oh, my bad, i told you about the mounting brackets on the lower control arms.

I just read the posting from the other member asking about the brackets on the sway bar itself, that mount onto the crossmember.

I guess that's what your after.

To answer that question, nobody repops the "Factory" type brackets, but the aftermarket suspension vendors make brackets for their own style sway bars that mount to the crossmember.

Something like that should also work for a factory bar.

Good luck.

Yes i need the two brackets that bolt to the k member.Thanks

Use these Energy Sway Bar Adapters with the appropriate bushing for the size sway bar you have: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=5.5134

ES55134G_lg.jpg

They use bushings that are easy to replace and install.

Otherwise stock ones look like this and are usually smashed and very tough to install replacement poly bushings. Very tough to find a halfway decent used set.

attachment.php

If you can straighten them out before hand you can get the Energy poly bushings with a lot of patience. http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=5.5128

-
Back