front tire size????????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart with 15 x 6 rims with 3 1/2" backspace. Tires are 215/ 65/ 15 cooper cobras. These tires are 26" tall and it is now obvious that they are too tall. They scrub when I turn if the car has any lean to it. Can't really set the ride height where I want it because of this. I have found a couple tire sizes to choose from but I am not sure which I should go with.

What I have now. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/COO-39616/

Option 1. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BFG-71599/

Option 2. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BFG-84420/

Your stock duster tire was just under 26" tall.

Both those tires are 24ish.

My recommendation would be a 215-60-15 @ 25.2" tall (A bunch of people around here run this size up front).

205-65-15 would be another option @ 25.5" tall.

well 205 to 185 is inch half difference so 215 to 195 would be inch n half difference or 3/4 inch on one side

I would like to take off at least a half inch in diameter, which would still only give me about an extra 1/4" clearance.

But I have never seen a Dart from the factory with a 26" tire.

The E70-14 used on many Darts (68 forward) was 25.8" tall. So yes...... You have seen many Darts with a tire very close to 26".

The D70-14 (695-14) used in 67 was 25.3"

Both of the tires you are looking at are shorter than the original tire that came on the car.

The E70-14 used on many Darts (68 forward) was 25.8" tall. So yes...... You have seen many Darts with a tire very close to 26".

The D70-14 (695-14) used in 67 was 25.3"

Both of the tires you are looking at are shorter than the original tire that came on the car.

I was in the process of changing my earlier post because I didn't like the way I worded it, sorry if it sounded kinda crappy.

Well, I stand corrected. I guess when wheel widths and tires get wider than factory, even if they are about the same height, the problems will begin.

I am thinking the 24.--" tires may look a little small and possibly open up the wheel well too much.

shame i cant remember what the size is on my new front radials,,car is in a dark trailer at the moment,,,but if i remember correctly,,they are 25.3 tall...fedrals, and im sure you have more of an opening then i do,,

Attachments

• cuda with new ET wheels 018.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 265
shame i cant remember what the size is on my new front radials,,car is in a dark trailer at the moment,,,but if i remember correctly,,they are 25.3 tall...fedrals, and im sure you have more of an opening then i do,,

Love the look and stance of your Barracuda. Your Barracuda says "yes Pro street is still cool".

Regarding the OP I think anything small than 25" front tire is going to look funny.

Attachments

• cuda%20with%20new%20ET%20wheels%20018.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 230
thanks i just took off the weld prostars and had these correct era spoke rims custom made to take the car out of that 1980s look,,

-
Back