fuel pump

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
ok i was thinking of running a mech. fuel pump but it is very tight around the water pump and i dont know if the mechanical will give me enough fuel. how big a job would it be to change over to a electric full pump?

do you have the part number? there are 3 different ones the parts store looked up for me. also 2 of them said they will not work with double roller timing chain.

There's no way running a double roller timing chain can affect which fuel pump you need. The fuel pump eccentric is bolted to the front of the camshaft just like any other so any pump made for a sb mopar will work with it. Only exception being something externally like a radiator hose interfering. You need to go to a different parts source because apparently the one your dealing with is just a computer parts jockey and don't know much about how a engine works.

BTW: I'm running the same one Woody is and it supplies my engine fine and I'm sure with sticky tires it'd break into the 12's easily.

There's no way running a double roller timing chain can affect which fuel pump you need. The fuel pump eccentric is bolted to the front of the camshaft just like any other so any pump made for a sb mopar will work with it. Only exception being something externally like a radiator hose interfering. You need to go to a different parts source because apparently the one your dealing with is just a computer parts jockey and don't know much about how a engine works.

BTW: I'm running the same one Woody is and it supplies my engine fine and I'm sure with sticky tires it'd break into the 12's easily.

Fish is right!

DSCN1079 (Small).JPG

well i got the carter pump and it fits good!!! the carter catalog said that one of the dadge pumps will not work with a double roller change but this one looks good! i know what you guys are sayin!

Glad to hear it worked out farmer.

BTW: Are you sure the catalog didn't say it wouldn't work with a roller cam? I can see that as some, if not all of the roller cams didn't have the provision for the fuel pump eccentric.

-
Back