Fuel regulator plumbing to Edelbrock carb pics needed.

-

KnuckleDuster

Reaction score
Trying to map out how I am going to plumb a -6 AN braided line from my Carter 6902 to a Quick Fuel dead-head regulator to a pressure guage and Edelbrock filter to Edelbrock 800 carb.

Since I can't get AN fittings locally I need to make sure I get all the right parts on the first try!

Pics of your setup and/or parts list would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Like this, no? :D

bad-plumbing-job.jpg

Not quite so complicated, lol...
I just want to make sure exactly how I want to route it and get all the hose ends and fittings I need.
I am looking at a Summit kit for most of it but they don't say exactly what comes in it.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3152b

I'm also a little lost on what guage I want to use, without spending a fortune. I'm a little leery of the really cheap ones, though.

the 6902 is 6 p.s.i. - no regulator needed, and is 1/4 npt thread so U want 2 1/4"npt male to #6 male fittings for in and out of pump. I do not run or think U need a pressure gauge. U need a #6 male to 5/8"-20 male fitting with gasket to go into the carb such as edelbrock 8087. and some #6 hose ends etc.

the 6902 is 6 p.s.i. - no regulator needed, and is 1/4 npt thread so U want 2 1/4"npt male to #6 male fittings for in and out of pump. I do not run or think U need a pressure gauge. U need a #6 male to 5/8"-20 male fitting with gasket to go into the carb such as edelbrock 8087. and some #6 hose ends etc.

This is why I'm adding a regulator.

Took it to the track- cutting out at 5k!

Edelbrock recommends no more than 5.5psi, and the symptoms fit.

at high rpm she wants fuel. Carter says the pump puts out 6 psi, in a perfect world, do U think .5 more psi is causing cutting out at high rpm? I know it is not. put a gauge on it, not a regulator. I run a Carter P4594 - 6-8 psi, for many years with a Carter carb and no reg. "no reg. needed!" per Carter. high rpm problem is a-lack of fuel or b-valve springs or c-wimpy cam or d-ignition or e-other

at high rpm she wants fuel. Carter says the pump puts out 6 psi, in a perfect world, do U think .5 more psi is causing cutting out at high rpm? I know it is not. put a gauge on it, not a regulator. I run a Carter P4594 - 6-8 psi, for many years with a Carter carb and no reg. "no reg. needed!" per Carter. high rpm problem is a-lack of fuel or b-valve springs or c-wimpy cam or d-ignition or e-other

3/8 line and sender
Comp XE285HlL with matching springs
MSD6AL
RPM heads and Airgap intake.
It was bogging out bad three or four times at the top of second.

I have seen many cases of people getting over 7psi with this same pump and having this very same problem with Edelbrock carbs. If it's the causes you listed why is it stalling when the brakes are slammed on?

floats or float too high? before I assumed I needed a regulator I would measure pressure

I appreciate the ideas.
I will definitely put a guage on it first.
I pulled the carb apart and checked the floats the day i put it on. They were right in spec.

-
Back