FUEL SYSTEM

-

MOPAR_MAN619

Reaction score
anybody using a stocking sending unit with an external efi pump? any luck with that ? i know it needs a return was thinking of tapping into the filler neck. thanks in advance.

I don't believe with a setup you describe you'll see stable fuel pressures. The common safe route is to use an EFI tank with a 255gph Walboro pump and a corvette regulator. That way it's got a return from the regulator near the tank.

Riddler

I don't believe with a setup you describe you'll see stable fuel pressures. The common safe route is to use an EFI tank with a 255gph Walboro pump and a corvette regulator. That way it's got a return from the regulator near the tank.

Riddler
not so!----------I run a fast 2.0 w/ the sock removed and the orig. type 3/8" pick up as a return, I watch my fuel pressure live on the hand held screen mounted on my dash, and it doesn`t waiver over 1-2 pounds. External pump mounted behind the tank, w/ dual 3/8" pipe pick ups in back of tank, going to duel 1/2" filters before pump. No problems! No corvette crap needed!

not so!----------I run a fast 2.0 w/ the sock removed and the orig. type 3/8" pick up as a return, I watch my fuel pressure live on the hand held screen mounted on my dash, and it doesn`t waiver over 1-2 pounds. External pump mounted behind the tank, w/ dual 3/8" pipe pick ups in back of tank, going to duel 1/2" filters before pump. No problems! No corvette crap needed!

What's controlling your fuel pressure? The FAST system? Not everyone is using that system. I also described the common way people do it. I never said the only way.

Riddler

anybody using a stocking sending unit with an external efi pump? any luck with that ? i know it needs a return was thinking of tapping into the filler neck. thanks in advance.

I did for a while and kind of had luck with it. I put a bulkhead in the tank for a return and switched to a 1/2 inch sending unit and mounted a FiTech pump behind the tank. The pump was noisy and I had some issues when it got hot. They replaced the pump under warranty and it was also noisy. They claimed the issue was the way I had it set up, not the pumps, which I guess is possible, but I got tired of dealing with it and went with a tanks inc. system.
I have all the original parts for sale if you want to give it a try. The tank, 2 Fi Tech pumps, 1/2 sender, pre-filter with misc hoses and fitting. Will sell all or part.

thanks fellas. yes i was gonna get the 1/2 sender. do you guys have pics of how the pumps was mounted? was it just on the frame rail? yeah id love to go internal refi tank but right now this is an over long project and its gotta get running. it will eventually get that but not now! thanks for all the input

What's controlling your fuel pressure? The FAST system? Not everyone is using that system. I also described the common way people do it. I never said the only way.

Riddler
simple fuel regulator-------------------set at 43.

I did for a while and kind of had luck with it. I put a bulkhead in the tank for a return and switched to a 1/2 inch sending unit and mounted a FiTech pump behind the tank. The pump was noisy and I had some issues when it got hot. They replaced the pump under warranty and it was also noisy. They claimed the issue was the way I had it set up, not the pumps, which I guess is possible, but I got tired of dealing with it and went with a tanks inc. system.
I have all the original parts for sale if you want to give it a try. The tank, 2 Fi Tech pumps, 1/2 sender, pre-filter with misc hoses and fitting. Will sell all or part.

Did you need a return line for this setup? If so, did you bend up your own or use efi hose? Really considering this extant setup.

Did you need a return line for this setup? If so, did you bend up your own or use efi hose? Really considering this extant setup.
yes, the original type fuel pick up ( new 3/8") is the return, w/ the sock cut off, leaving the tube as long as possible to avoid airation. Used the hi pressure , works w/ any kind of fuel hose that came w/ the fast 2.0 kit. Already had a -08 s/steel flex for a fuel line that I used for the return. Ran both thru the frame rails and frame connectors as much as possible. Getting them up over the rear end inside the frame rails was fun! So far so good.

yes, the original type fuel pick up ( new 3/8") is the return, w/ the sock cut off, leaving the tube as long as possible to avoid airation. Used the hi pressure , works w/ any kind of fuel hose that came w/ the fast 2.0 kit. Already had a -08 s/steel flex for a fuel line that I used for the return. Ran both thru the frame rails and frame connectors as much as possible. Getting them up over the rear end inside the frame rails was fun! So far so good.

Thanks. I was wondering about the tanks, inc setup with Fitech that @dgibby posted.

-
Back