Fuel Tank Source

-
A

Ace

I'm gathering parts for a fuel system upgrade project. I've got a 3/8 pickup, some stainless tubing, a Fram HPG-1 filter, etc. Looks like the last item on the list is a new tank. Any suggestions, fellas?

I repaired the original shortly after I got the car, but it is not going to last much longer. I am beginning to see the telltale signs of rust/crud in the filter.

TIA,

Paul

Yeah, there's like three types I can detect. You've got your cheapy Chinese repo's, then there's NOS/Mopar, and some company in Canada (Spectra) that seems to be making a good quality repo. Of course Mancini and all the usual suspects sell them for around $200, but no way to know which of the three "types" you're getting.

You might luck out & get a replacement at one of the larger dealers. They were available new up until a few years ago.

I took mine the local radiator shop and have them boil and acid etch it then they sealed it and pressure checked it and filled any holes that poped through....$80. It was much cheaper than a new one......then I pulled it out and put in a fuel cell. I tried selling it for $20 at the Chrysler Classic this weekend and no one wanted it. It really should be flushed out again but it's in good shape...so call a local radiator shop and see what they'd charge to clean and reseal yours.

You guys are lucky not to live in CA.

One shop I called wanted $200 to boil the tank. Blamed the locals and EPA for the high fee and he was the only one that would do it. I passed...

ahhh I forget about the different rules and regs for commiefornia.......

I got my tank from Mancini. It was around 200.00 with shipping. It was made in Canada, fits perfectly, and seems to be of good quality!

www.gastanks.com is quanta products and i think their's are made in canada. i have installed many of their tanks with no fitment problems whatsoever. plus they sell stainless straps.

Looks like the Canadian-made tanks are probably the way to go - best value. Somebody had a Mopar/NOS tank on eBay the other day for $375!! Yikes!

just cuz its NOS doesn't mean its good.......... i have seen some parts that were NOS and they SUCKED................

There's one on e-bay right now (3hrs. 48 min.) for $150 and $30 freight.
It says it's American made. #130153535252 Mike

Check out his store. He also has tanks for 63-67 a's Mike

I bought a sender for my Dart from Adealsauto off e-bay. I think he has a website. Mike

-
Back