fusable links??

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am in process of eliminating my amp gauge and installing a voltmeter. I am using the MAD electric instructions. It talks about routing the black and red 10 gauge wires thru the bulkhead uninterrupted so as not to have those connectors. It also mentions using a 14 GA fusible link on the black wire and a 16GA fusible link on the red wire. However, it does not mention what size fuse they have?? I have bought several fuse holder from Dell City. How critical is the wire size here? Where can I get the correct fusible links from? Also, my car is an A/C car and I have changed to the newer Sanden compressor. I have also upgraded to a new Powermaster 75 AMP alternator so it will not struggle to power the A/C and the new Blue Tooth stereo/cd player. My other concern is whether the MAD recommendations for the fusible links will still be correct for this build?? Any help here would be a blessing. Thanks.....

The fusible link is the fuse. The wire will melt if overload.

OK, Thanks. My electrical skills are showing now. lol I get it. The link is the protection. My understanding was a little warped. I get it now. Thanks much

The gage of the fusable link determines the load/amps at which it will melt/blow.

I have found some fusable link wire on the electrical display at my local NAPA store...

-
Back