Fuse box and rewiring process

-

This Bad Demon

Reaction score
This is a few questions on wiring a fuse box. Ok I'm working with a 1972 Dodge Demon...I have a fuse box from a 1992 Plymouth Sundance. As you know there is more fuse's then the box in the car now...First question. The sundance box has a fuse for the wind shield wipers with one side connected to a strip which connects to the accessory wire. The next side has two blue wires from it. How would I wire it to the existing wires for the wiper motor?
Question 2. The turn signal is on that same row as the wiper motor with the same setup on one side but only one wire coming from the next side. Would I cut the wire for the flasher from the key switch and join it to the one on the fuse box?
Question 3....I have a full MSD setup on the car. I also have the Fast EZ Efi system also....I wanted to take the fast system off the switch I have it on and install it on the key switch. Do you think if I hook up the 12v switch wire to the blue and brown wire that triggers the msd would you think it would be too much radio interference for the Fast system to work properly? [/FONT

Sorry. Your post is simply too confusing for me to follow. What I'd do is sit down with a test light, meter, etc, and diagram out the new fuse panel. You might even decide to go with a different panel.

For example, I'm going to use an aftermarket harness but I'm ADDING more fuses and relays than the aftermarket harness provided. I bought two late model Jeep fuse/ relay panels and "morphed" them into one to gain more of what I want for relays

This link is the mock up. There are four yellow / tan sections which can pop out of the box, and I took what I wanted out of the two boxes and combined them. The wiring now is nothing like the box was, originally.

This thread shows taking the Jeep boxes apart

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=322728

http://i60.tinypic.com/a2ufdk.jpg

This is a box I used to have under the hood, off a late model Voyager

image.php

This was "morphed" into a partial rewire of the car.

I guess the point is it's not as easy as cutting this wire or that wire. I think you need to sit down and diagram out the box you are going to use, and probably make some changes. It's not likely configured "how you want."

-
Back