Fuse Box Repair?

-

63valiant

Reaction score
Hey all, the fuse block in the '63 Valiant is toast. The contacts for the fuses are rusted out, beyond cleaning. One tab is broken off and another is about to go. I'm leaning towards cutting the box out and installing something more modern, but before I do I wanted to see if anyone has a repair for this or possible replacement contacts?
TIA!

Hey all, the fuse block in the '63 Valiant is toast. The contacts for the fuses are rusted out, beyond cleaning. One tab is broken off and another is about to go. I'm leaning towards cutting the box out and installing something more modern, but before I do I wanted to see if anyone has a repair for this or possible replacement contacts?
TIA!
Never bought from these guys but looks like they might have what your after.

Mopar Restoration and Performance A-BODY ELECTRICAL, Wiring Harnesses

1715360247595.png

If it's not a resto, consider splicing in a modern fusebox from a later-model car like a Neon or something. This will give you the blade fuses and some relays to work with.

you can get fuse blocks like these from places like Amazon

1715367552625.png

I bought a painless 7 circuit box, modern fuses, comes with wire.
Iirc, 3 constant power circuits, 4 ignition power.
Fuse box fit in the stock location.

Incorporated it into my existing harness using factory correct Packard connectors and the stock plastic connectors.
Ran 1 wire to the ignition, 1 to headlight switch, 1 for radio, 1 for heater, etc.
More than enough circuits.

Or, get a new dash harness. Evans or M&H.

Yeah this is my preferred method. Then the diagram is already made for you.

In either case, draw/print a diagram, add any changes you make to it, then get it laminated and keep it in your glovebox or trunk. You'll be shocked how quickly you forget where that red wire you added went, and the lamination makes greasy fingers from roadside repairs a non issue.

-
Back