FY1 Top Banana

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

Well I never was a big fan of yellow on Darts but maybe I'm changing my mind. I wish cragar made a 4 1/2" bolt patern SS:wtf:
43499023710_9e2c016183_b.jpg

Last edited:
my 73 340 Duster is Top banana.....the paint was old and faded....Got it repainted this summer...and oh my god...that sucker is YELLOW...Now that it has cooled off...I need to get the 340 stripes on it...they are white to match the interior...

I don't understand your statement. Cragar makes small and large bolt pattern Ss's.
I just did some looking around and see that now Mike. I was always under the impression though that the 4.5s were 4.75 GM bolt peterns with just inserts that came with the rims? Or am I dreaming of something else?

my 73 340 Duster is Top banana.....the paint was old and faded....Got it repainted this summer...and oh my god...that sucker is YELLOW...Now that it has cooled off...I need to get the 340 stripes on it...they are white to match the interior...
I would make the Swinger stripe on that 69 Dart white also if it was mine. I have white interior but I just like the white more than the black for some reason. Just my preference.:lol:

I just did some looking around and see that now Mike. I was always under the impression though that the 4.5s were 4.75 GM bolt peterns with just inserts that came with the rims? Or am I dreaming of something else?
Cragar used to have predrilled wheels for each specific bolt circle. It was cheaper and easier to slot the rim and sell the proper sized lug nuts and oblong washers for the application. The small bolt wheels are 5 hole 4" bolt circle and are pre drilled. They won't fit anything else.

I just bought sbp cragars from Jegs. Two 15x6 and two 15x8. Weren’t cheap but they sure look nice

855555C0-01ED-4232-A6B0-B3C2CBBB8972.jpeg

Cragar used to have predrilled wheels for each specific bolt circle. It was cheaper and easier to slot the rim and sell the proper sized lug nuts and oblong washers for the application. The small bolt wheels are 5 hole 4" bolt circle and are pre drilled. They won't fit anything else.
I see now Mike..The slots show up with a big picture..As long as the don't wobble :lol:
CRR-61715_SN_xl.jpg

It is unfortunate that the Cragar oval washers are so cheaply made. They are soft steel, poorly plated, and as a result they bend, and also get rusty. When they bend, it is impossible to keep the nuts tight as you keep bending them more as you drive, and then re-torque the nuts. Poor design... even though they are pretty wheels. Now if someone would make those washers from tool steel and properly nickle-chrome plate them, we'd be in business. Or better yet, high-strength stainless steel. Even the round washers for the 4" BC wheels are garbage. I believe McGard does make better ones for the 4" BC wheels.

Yep, unilugs with the offset washers are often problematic. The sbp ones I bought have cone seats so you can use regular lug nuts. I really like that!

-
Back