gas blowing out of carb

-

n_geer

Reaction score
coming out of the acclerator pump on top the carb. any ideas of what could be going wrong?

its on a 225 /6 1bbl carter. gas just shoots out the front top of the carb were you hook up the accl pump.

I am not sure about carter carburetors but I would check the needle and seat for not sealing or the float condition or adjustment.

if it is an original carb the leather in the pump has split.napa use to sell just the pump.thats if it comes out wen you pump the gas

sounds like float is not floating,bad needle and seat or carb filled with the charcoal out of the evap canister causing the symptom

i checked the the pump the leather is rolled up on one side. going to pull it back off and check the floats next. the carb is about 2 years old but the cars been sitting for awhile. but i drove it down the street less than a week ago and it did fine.

Your slant should have a Carter BBS. If gas shoots up around the pump plunger when you open the throttle, the plunger is leaking. Since you say the leather is "rolled up on one side"... THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM. Rebuild your carb before you burn the car down.

-
Back