Gas gauge and temp gauge only half working

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
The car is a 65 Valiant V200, 273. The gas gauge only works half the time, and sometimes it works for a long period of time, and sometimes it kicks in and out, and then won't work at all. I pulled the sending unit out of the tank, cleaned the connection point, which made it a little better, but still doesn't work always. Also, the temperature gauge only works with the gas gauge. When the gas gauge stops working, so does the temp gauge. This is probably a simple solution, but could I get your guys' imputs? Thanks.

try a new voltage reglater behind the dash it plugs in by the gas gauge

The stamped tin nuts that hold the gauges in place are also there connectors. Clean and tighten those connections. Do not over tighten.
I can't offer a torque spec. I use a 1/4" drive finger ratchet in 3 fingers.

also if the connector on the drivers side of the dash is loose or the connector is "worn, or loose" they can do what you speak of... mine do the same thing...

Awesome, thanks guys. Do they sell voltage regulators new at the parts store? Or is it something I will have to find in a wrecked car?

Awesome, thanks guys. Do they sell voltage regulators new at the parts store? Or is it something I will have to find in a wrecked car?

I got mine at Autozone...

PN = IVR607

It's a dashboard Voltage Limiter.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...rument-Cluster-Voltage-Regula/_/N-ir8kgZ9cjr5

Solid state instrument voltage regulators are available too. Prices vary.

I am going to order from RedFish the first of the week. I have never heard anyone complain about the product and he is a great guy to deal with. Check him out.

I like what the items I saw at RedFishs' website. Especially the Lights on buzzer. How much would one of those be? I could find any more details.

The lights on warning kit is still seeing price changes. As quantities built go up the price goes down. That's why I left it off the page for now.

-
Back