Gas Monkey Mopar

-
I saw the engine out of it this morning on ebay for.....cough, cough.....close to 5k...:)

So I did watch the show tonight. They said that the engine wasn't # matching, so no big deal there. What really caught my eye was the "unmentioned" Dana60 under it...

I rarely watch these type of shows, mainly because I get frustrated how the people make serious coin off these things, when I believe there's way more smarts right here on FABO then most of them have.....including me, :).

Well, they paid 42k for that car and we'll have to take their word for how much they put in it? All done, I can't see it being worth more then 50/55k, but hey, it's tv so who knows?

Well, they paid 42k for that car and we'll have to take their word for how much they put in it? All done, I can't see it being worth more then 50/55k, but hey, it's tv so who knows?

ive seen the work they do, if they paid 42K for it im guessing its now a 15K car

I just wish they would flat out say "Dodge is paying us to build this car" instead of trying to make it seem coincidental.

I watched a year of reruns, nothing anything special, about their abilities. Nothing fast, nothing quick, see lots of *** Monkey. Pass.

The one I saw looked more like a 72-74.

I agree, Dodge/FCA probably said "now that you're on the payroll, it's time to build a classic Dodge.....and don't muck it all up".

Exactly. He's rolling around in a new RAM quad cab. I bet that's not a coincidence. I don't mind the show too much, Richard and Aaron seem like guys I would hang around with. Not particularly impressed with their builds though. Stick a crate motor in it, slam it with air bags and try to flip it for big bucks seems to be their recipe.

*** monkeys RUINED a beautiful '71 challenger..they should be shot:violent1::violent1::violent1:

i saw it.. was laughing. they made it like they were the first to do that swap. people have been doing that swap for over 10 years now.

personally i believe its all scripted anyway so take it for what its worth.

ya see the misfits afterwards when the truck cab fell off the trailer? now that was funny..

all those clowns are laughing all the way to the bank..

I just wish they would flat out say "Dodge is paying us to build this car" instead of trying to make it seem coincidental.

jamie asked about that. i said do you really think they would be pulling a 15 challenger that fiat lent them apart if fiat wasn't on board..

plus doesn't fiat/chrysler sponsor the show in some way? he is driving a new ram so i assume that are.

I saw Rawlings in a t.v. commercial for the new Challenger and Charger yesterday.
Yeah, he's on the payroll, and yeah, his shows are scripted.
I thought that it was obvious to everyone that ALL of these ''reality'' shows were.......

I DVR'd that episode....but have not been able to bring myself to watch it. Hate to see them ruin these old beauties.

I said this before. I watched them put a stinking crate chevy with gm tranny in a very nice Dodge pickup cause it was 'cheaper' to do. Lost just about all interest in that show. And yeah, seems like they throw a gm crate and slam it and call it good to go.

I loved when the guy with the long beard said "the 340 was fast but not as fast as to what hes use to"..ya come on over i've know some guys running 340's that would make him piss his pants by the time they hit second gear..i wouldn't let them touch anything i own Sue (the interior lady) got it right "*** MONKEYS"..

there went a perfectly good classic and messed up a new scat pack car for what reason, they have dodge for a sponser, took two to make one that's stupid when you got two great cars, jeez:violent1:

It was painful to watch a 71 Challenger 340 4 speed with A/C ripped apart like that. Waste of a great car. Should have used a /6 or 318 car for a build like that.

Oh well not my car or money.

Maybe some of you would rather watch Oprah or modern family, for me gas monkey is way better than most the crap on TV and you might open your minds laugh at the obvious and learn from Rollings he has a grip of knowledge on cars and flipping them finding them and what the market will take you might want to check on his back ground i met him at a car auction and hes real cool and really knows his shiiiiiiiii....

Maybe some of you would rather watch Oprah or modern family, for me gas monkey is way better than most the crap on TV and you might open your minds laugh at the obvious and learn from Rollings he has a grip of knowledge on cars and flipping them finding them and what the market will take you might want to check on his back ground i met him at a car auction and hes real cool and really knows his shiiiiiiiii....

Maybe it's called different strokes for different folks.

So, I'm a car guy that means I should automatically watch the car shows? Sorry, no thanks.

LMFAO...they're not call *** MONKEYS for nothing...and he don't know **** about Mopars..

-
Back