Gauge Lens Restoration

-

LJS30

Reaction score
What have you guys used in order to clean up the gauge lenses on your clusters? I just did a cluster swap and wouldn't you know the lenses are so hazy I can barely see my gauges.

Are they just dirty/dusty on the inside?? If it was sitting out in the open for a while that could be the problem.

while you have the lens out, use any high quality cleaner wax and apply and remove just the same as on a car. apply, let haze, buff with soft cloth, repeat until you get desired results. It must be a "cleaner" wax or you won't have any abrasives in it. by the way, same process on any plastic lenses on the car. Same results..

I think a little bit of both dirt on the inside and scuff on the outside.
simple test. If you can drag a fingernail across and the small scratches don't catch you nail, then the above process will repair. I never mentioned to wash in warm soapy water and dry before polishing... didn't think I needed too...

Get some of that stuff used on boat plexiglass windows.......................

i wet sanded mine with 2000 and then used novus polish . the results were outstanding

Get yourself a small buffing kit for a drill and use buffing compound. You can even sand with 2000 to get any stuck hazing or small scratches out.

-
Back