Gear head Christmas traditions

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have car related Christmas traditions. For last 30yrs have pre-lubricated myself with high octane eggnog then settled in to watch Hollywood Knights ( if you have not seen your life is not complete. )
Merry Christmas to all

Oldschoolcuda

No doubt. Love Tony Danza before anything else he did.
Cars are awesome along with the humor. Firing up dvd n about 2 hrs. :happy1:

Christmas or new years, watch all of Lonesome Dove and Open Range! O K you asked, I told!!!!!

back decades ago, Xmas at father in laws, s w Ga, 70 degrees?? wash and wax my truck, when I had all the "company" I could hold!! ha

Just like the cobra vs 57 Chevy scene in Hollywood knights, the final gun battle in open range is epic. Love it. In this day and age and at my advanced lot in life that would be me if I get f-Kd with. LOL.

Oldschoolcuda

lets face it, westerns like those are about not just the struggles of life back then, but doing what is right, separating right from wrong, good from bad,.......something the younger generation of the computer age doesn't see enough of?

I like westerns that are more true to history, sure there is always "Hollywood" involved, but some are way more factual than the older stuff.

I love the older stuff because those stunt guys actually did those things!

Absolutely agree. Got my gear head fix with Hollywood kights now getting ready to fire up another duvall western classic.
Broken Trail

Oldschoolcuda

I see Pale Rider is coming on the sat. t v today. I like Clint Eastwood movies, but no comparison to Robert Duvall and open range and lonesome dove, for me.

I see Hateful Eight getting a lot of press. we might have to break down and make a trip to city to see it! ha

the movie makers quit westerns for the most part years back. too easy to make cheaper!!!! movies with computers, and younger crowd for the most part just does not relate to anything "rural". ?? and so they say.

Just recently saw preview for Hateful eight.

Definitely has our interest also. Luckily we have a cool little 2 screen theater in Franklin, va about 20 miles away where folks actually watch the movie and don't talk or use cell phones

Of course most attendees are part of the conceal/carry crowd like myself.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back