Gear selector light

-

kiss

Reaction score
My 71 Dart has a rimblow wheel and column. The light has been burned out on the gear selector for as long as I've had the car. How do I replace this light? I assume it requires extensive disassembly of the steering column?

I will look in the service manual in a minute. Do you have any pics of your rimblow wheel? My 70 Swinger has one of these.

2015-07-30 001 005.jpg

My 71 Dart has a rimblow wheel and column. The light has been burned out on the gear selector for as long as I've had the car. How do I replace this light? I assume it requires extensive disassembly of the steering column?
Check and see if the indicator lens has screws to hold it in place. The indicator lamp is directly behind it. It almost looks like it comes out the back of the opening.

Check and see if the indicator lens has screws to hold it in place. The indicator lamp is directly behind it. It almost looks like it comes out the back of the opening.
Thanks. There were 2 screws holding it into place. I managed to put it back together and it works!

Thanks. There were 2 screws holding it into place. I managed to put it back together and it works!
What does your steering wheel look like! Just curious.

-
Back