Gen 3 5.7 Swap Parts needed

-

Kiddart1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Well we are going to start the first of 2 swaps soon. is there a Basic parts list of what is needed to do this swap.

will be a 5.7 backed by a 727

Is there a list?

While I can’t help with a detailed list, those that can would benefit from more info on your specifics, ie front suspension (k member type), year of car (motor mount type), year and donor vehicle of motor and accessories, ac?, etc.

I am preparing to begin a 6.4 swap into a 68 Dart convertible currently running an early 5.7 crate motor with truck accessories. I’ll probably be able to help with a list after I work my way through the swap as very little of existing setup will be reused. And shameless plug....the 5.7 and assoc parts don’t have a new home yet :)

the first car to get the swap will be a 67 Belvedere II. stock suspension, manual steering, 727 automatic. more than likely run the MSD hemi 6 with some type of EFI system in the stock tank. that's about as far as we have got.

the second car is my dart sport that already has a EFI system on it. that will be stock suspension etc.

You may get by with a set of stock manifolds on the Belvedere. There is a bit more rom under the hood there.

-
Back