Generators...What do you use at the track?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Right now I have a Champion 3000/4000 watt generator(hey it was cheap).It works great for what I need,but it's loud.I travel to different tracks for weekend events and am looking for something a lot quieter.On cold nights I run my generator all night for small heaters.What are some of you using?I,m looking for something light,with wheels that will run all night.(at least 7hrs on a tank).What do you use/have?Thanks

When we camp out at the track, or anywhere for that matter, I run a 3000 watt Honda. It's quiet, runs a long time on a tank. It's not on wheels, but is light enough to carry around, especially if you have two people.

Pricey though.

This is the one I have:

http://www.hayesequipment.com/em3000c.htm

Yeah I,ve been looking at the Honda,s and Yamaha ones,but here in Canada,for a 3000 watt unit they,re asking upward of $2000.I did find a Powerhouse generator 3000 watt for $1300 at Costco.Comes with remote start and a bunch of other accessories.Run time is 7.5 hrs per tank.Still searching.

Nice pick Bruce,that's a mile from my house.Funny I didn't,t see that one while searching Kijiji last night.Might have to give him a call.:D

I think you would be happy with a Honda choice, IMO, they are quiet (especially those suitcase gen's) they are dependable as all git out. You could put two chairs side by side and put that between the chairs and still be able to carry on a conversation with the person next to you, example as to how quiet they are.

I have had mine for 8 years or so and it never let's me down. I don't know what kind of heater/s you're running but it should do fine.

Funny I didn't,t see that one while searching Kijiji last night.

'cause it wasn't listed then? :D Looks like it just went on today.

Yeah I,ve heard the Honda,s(barely)LOL.This guy has them NTB,so no taxes.I emailed him with an offer of $1000...cash...today!:D

Creed and his friends borrow mine I have had for 3 years about like this one
Looks like a good deal to me and can be used at home. I am not sure what town you are close to so I just took a stab at a Canada Ontario town
http://watertown.craigslist.org/for/4399799140.html
Thanks for looking Mike,but that's basically what I have now and it's loud as all get out.Maybe I,m just trying to be too considerate to other racers sleeping???:wack:

Thanks for looking Mike,but that's basically what I have now and it's loud as all get out.Maybe I,m just trying to be too considerate to other racers sleeping???:wack:

:eek:ops: I see, Yes they are loud, and here the boys are just useing mine for the dirt track and building decks on the side for extra cash, I need to start charging them for it :happy9:, but it's part of being dad some times, I bet he will take your offer :cheers: sorry to have cluttered your thread with these big loud Gen sets , I hope you find one :happy1:

I had one Honda Eu2000 for several years, and recently just bought another to run them parallel. The single gen would run 8hrs with one heater running. Both hooked up they ran about 12hrs. I also picked up a 6 gal reserve tank and that will go 36hrs.

I had one Honda Eu2000 for several years, and recently just bought another to run them parallel. The single gen would run 8hrs with one heater running. Both hooked up they ran about 12hrs. I also picked up a 6 gal reserve tank and that will go 36hrs.
Yes if I buy a Honda,i,ll be also picking up a reserve tank.I seen them online and it's a must have when running overnight.:D

that was always the hard part with one EU2000. I had to make sure I stayed up till at least 10 so I could top off the gas so the heater could run until 6-7 am. It's also nice having two because if we go to a single day event we only need to haul just one. Mopars at The Strip we'll be running two and the big tank as we'll have the heaters and the a/c unit.... never know this time of year!

that was always the hard part with one EU2000. I had to make sure I stayed up till at least 10 so I could top off the gas so the heater could run until 6-7 am. It's also nice having two because if we go to a single day event we only need to haul just one. Mopars at The Strip we'll be running two and the big tank as we'll have the heaters and the a/c unit.... never know this time of year!

So how many Jack and Cokes does it take to stay up until 10? :dontknow:

I had the same load Champion you had last few seasons. Worked well but sure was loud. Was walking through Costco last year and they had a Champion 1400 watt for 500 bucks! I couldn't argue with that. It's almost as quiet as the Honda ones too. You can even buy the parallel kit for them and they stack on top of each other. My only issue with this new one is I can't run much for an air compressor.

Well I,m picking up two of the Honda EU2000,s tomorrow.One is used(20hrs run time) and the other one is new in the box.Now to get the cord to run both together and the fuel adapter and tank.I think I have the Champion 3000/4000 sold,which will help curb costs.:D

-
Back