Gets hot and stalls out

-
I think your best bet is to go to a well stocked auto parts store and brows their hoses.

I don't care for the corrugated hoses

I think your best bet is to go to a well stocked auto parts store and brows their hoses.

I don't care for the corrugated hoses
No kiddin. They look like infected dog butt.

Evening everyone. I was hoping someone could tell me the purpose of these coolant hoses. Why do they run into the firewall? Can they be capped off on the engine? Mine apparently are leaking into the car’s cabin.

IMG_4227.jpeg

IMHO rather than cap them off, use a short hose at the manifold and bypass them.

Or better yet determine if it's the heater core or the hoses that is leaking and fix it properly

The more correct way would be to replace the leaking heater core.
I'm in 100% agreement, but for now I'll have to loop them and cap it off at the firewall. I just found out that my significant other is going to be transferred to Houston and I'm in the middle of a full blown renovation of a house that we'll now likely never move into, plus work travel, vacation travel, and a rental property that needs a renovation now that the tenants have moved out, so my hands are pretty full at the moment.

I'm in 100% agreement, but for now I'll have to loop them and cap it off at the firewall. I just found out that my significant other is going to be transferred to Houston and I'm in the middle of a full blown renovation of a house that we'll now likely never move into, plus work travel, vacation travel, and a rental property that needs a renovation now that the tenants have moved out, so my hands are pretty full at the moment.
I'll give you this tidbit. Heater cores for some of these are gettin HARD to find, so the sooner you find one, the better.

I'll give you this tidbit. Heater cores for some of these are gettin HARD to find, so the sooner you find one, the better.
Yeah, I had thought about that and figured as much. The one thing that car does not need is heat, but I'd still like to put it together properly.

Yeah, I had thought about that and figured as much. The one thing that car does not need is heat, but I'd still like to put it together properly.
Yeah but I bet sometimes it could use a defroster. Fog's a beeotch. lol

-
Back