Getting a lost title

-
I honestly don't know how that is even POSSIBLE. Heck-I have no way to "prove" I was a resident of several places I have lived.

Yes. MANY states simply DO NOT TITLE old cars-VT, ME, NH, RI, CT, GA, AL, and PA come to mind. (It's even more common with bikes.)

At a guess, he didn't have a valid GA registration.

Many states don't title old cars-other states HAVE to accept something other than a title as proof of ownership. Anything older than 2001, it's not that I do not need a title-I cannot get a title. The state simply will not issue one.

You are saying New England will not issue a title for anything older than 2001? Do you mean a title for an untitled vehicle? Or anything older than 2001?

You are saying New England will not issue a title for anything older than 2001? Do you mean a title for an untitled vehicle? Or anything older than 2001?
Don't know about other states, but VT does not issue titles for any auto older than 15 years old. They have their own bill of sale form you need to use and they are not interested in even looking at the previous title even if you have one.

Year varies by state (some 2001, some 1980, some 20 years), but correct: other than Massachusetts, New England states do not title old cars. (Nor do many other states.)

-
Back