Getting Closer to the Start- '67 Barracuda "Before" shots. . .

-
Speaking of the in-dash tachometer, does anyone know if they are pneumatic off the carb vacuum, or electronic for the 67's?

Speaking of the in-dash tachometer, does anyone know if they are pneumatic off the carb vacuum, or electronic for the 67's?
Electronic. I actually have the pneumatic vacuum gauge in place currently- but have bought the (hopefully) right-sized electric tach for the hole on the rebuild.

Yeah, got an update on this thread as well as the others. Car is now at the body shop and looking good! Frame ties are going in as is the floor pan for the trunk. I have rebuilt the door hinges with bronze bushings and new pins to re-hang the doors for the paint- and will be rebuilding the hood hinges next. . .

. . .anybody need a Pioneer 8-track? Lots of tapes too! (big grin)

Just bought front and rear '68 windshield/ rear window gaskets from Dantes for $90 each, plus the reveal molding clips to install that '68 stainless steel window molding. . .and am in the process of deciding which to refurbish next to get the dash back in- wipers, then heater core and box, then A/C section, THEN the dash harness, then paint and prep and hang the dash. . .etc. Lots to do before the front windshield goes back in. . .will take pics as I go guys, thanks for the interest.

Mike

Looks like a good base car.I am looking forward to pics of the build.Keeping it PP1 red? Good luck.8)

Apperantly your idea and mine of rough body differs greatly lol, god I wish my '68s body looked that good!

And btw she only wants to "help" because shes hoping dad will let her have/drive it LOL

Looks like a good base car.I am looking forward to pics of the build.Keeping it PP1 red? Good luck.8)

Actually gonna go 2 shades darker- and aftermarket paint with a midnight black rally stripe over the top all the way from valence to valence. Matrix system paint and Lots and LOTS of coats of clearcoat!

Apperantly your idea and mine of rough body differs greatly lol, god I wish my '68s body looked that good!

And btw she only wants to "help" because shes hoping dad will let her have/drive it LOL

Agreed. But, that one has her own '67 Barracuda 'vert with the 225 in the garage as we speak!

Go see "getting closer and closer to the finish!" for some more pics of progress- I haven't got access to my pics (hotel computer tonight). . .

Thanks fellers- can't wait to get her home and start piecing her back together!

Mike

Had to check out the car of which you spoke in my biohazard thread. Certainly nothing wrong with this as a project base!

Awesome 8-track carry case! I remember toting something like it full of cassettes in my 1972 Satellite Sebring Plus. I can't listen to Ratt - Out Of The Cellar without thinking about that car.

As for the dash hack: oh well, we all do dumb shlt as kids. I was fortunate to have been just a little bit older when I got my first fastback 'cuda. It still had the factory radio in it but I managed to get modern tunes onboard thru other "non-destructive" means. Read on...

I took the carboard box that a clothes iron came in, reinforced it with extra cardboard and tape on the inside, cut it out to accept a stereo cassette player, spray-bombed (we didn't call it that back then) the whole thing black, and stuffed the assembly between the forward end of the center console and the bottom of the dash. As ghetto as this sounds (and it sounds pretty ghetto) it worked without flaw until I sold the car off.

Anyway, you have a black interior; You're winning already.

-
Back