Getting Evicted

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Well just when I am at my lowest point I get the worst news today. I was served with an eviction notice. My rent for May is late due to Insurance Company not sending me my comp checks and I have been pleading with the rental agency that I rent my home to please give me more time to get them the rent. Well my time has run out. Called my lawyer and she told me there is not much they can do to help me as they do not practice rental law and that the insurance company is still legally within the time frame allowed to get me my W/C check. Which from what I was told is they can send the check anytime within a given pay week. (even on the last day of the week be it Friday or Saturday) So I have not received a check since May 1st. And then after that initial 7 day period they have another 14 business days for me to receive the payment before the lawyer can file a motion with the NC Industrial Commission for non payment. So they told the lawyer on Tuesday the 12th that they were mailing me my check on Tuesday the 12th, due "a change in my adjuster, and she did not send out any checks" Just another game they play with injured workers. But now I do not know what to do. I have a sick wife, and two kids. I cannot lift anything over 10 lbs with my right hand and no truck to move. not to mention no where to move to. Man when it rains it pours. I am now pretty muched screwed. Went to Community Action today with paperwork and they said they would "try" to help me but cannot promise anything. From what I understand I will have 10 days from the court judgement date to get all my property out of my home or the Sheriff will come out here and toss us out to the street. Any one on this board know of a house for rent in the Raleigh NC Area where I can work with the security deposit? PM if anyone who may be in the area knows of any homes for rent I need at least a 2 bdrm but prefer a 3 bdrm. Looking to pay around $800-$850 month. I am checking Criagslist but not finding anything. Thanks and please say a prayer for my family and I. I really do not know what to do now.

Cheaper on the outskirts. Fuquay, Holley Springs, Angier, etc. Also cheaper on the west side of Glenwood Ave. Sorry about your luck

I will take a place anywhere right now. I am looking as we speak but I just do not have a security deposit. Living check to check sux.

I just cant catch a break man. Don't know why??? I only try to do the right thing and this is how I get rewarded. I'll keep praying though.

Pack it all up and come stay with us till yall find a place Tom. I have one spare room and a big couch. If yall can stand the cats for a little while, yall are welcome.

I got too much baggage Rusty, Wife who can barely walk anymore, two children and two cats and two mini daschaunds. I appreciate the offer however. I am going to just try to find a way to get another place as soon as I can. I really do not have any other options. I do not want to rent through a rental company though. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Prayers up. Really sorry for your circumstances. Sometimes it seems when you're curled up on the ground is the best time for a kick in the ribs, doesn't it?
Wish there was more I could offer besides prayers right now.

Thanks.
I am really depressed right now. The whole situation is eating at me and I am not sure what we will do. I cannot go back to work yet as my wrist is not healed up enough to allow me to do much.

Praying for you, Tom. It doesn't seem like it now, but there's a better housing situation out there and you'll find it.

Thank You David. I just hope I can get something before we end up out in the street.

thumbs up to rusty for that offer. would seem that you could agree to pay some interest, and have your payment moved to the check arrival time. good luck!---bob

It's a shame that in today's business world, they don't care that they are throwing a family out of their home, all they care about is "the money"...

they are ruining people's lives and don't give a ****.... How can they look themselves in the mirror???

prayers sent. like he said, you WILL find a better living arrangement.

life will get back to normal, even though it is not right now. when you get back on your feet again, find a place that you can work toward owning not renting. it may not be what you really want, but it will be YOURS!

Been there done that. Just need to buckle down and figure it out for your family . good luck to you

Sorry to hear of your dilemma and best wishes to you and the family. My sister had a similar deal happen to her. She ended up renting a single wide at a trailer park and a storage unit.
Hang in there. Things have a way of working out.

How much money you need to pay rent? Ill start a fund with 100 bucks! Who else? I feel your pain. My family was homeless once, Not a good thing. A kind stranger helped me out and its been full steam ahead for 30plus years! I just had a vertabre fusion yesterday, BUT im set financialy. thank God and AT&T, and my Lawyer! MT

How much money you need to pay rent? Ill start a fund with 100 bucks! Who else? I feel your pain. My family was homeless once, Not a good thing. A kind stranger helped me out and its been full steam ahead for 30plus years! I just had a vertabre fusion yesterday, BUT im set financialy. thank God and AT&T, and my Lawyer! MT
I'll kick in 50

So will they allow you to stay if you pay the late rent? It sounded like you're just in between rent due and insurance check being cut?

If you have a paypal acct, people willing to help could send it quick, so you could pay the rent and hopefully avoid this bad situation.

-
Back