Getting into it - My own 1st Mopar

-
If Dad gets involved and I'm sure he will That thing is going to be awesome. I love your brothers 65 Barracuda and saw the early pictures. I think a modern 5.7 might be the way to go GOOD LUCK and Welcome.

See you guys at Carlisle again this year

I know Dad started a thing about my car here Josh's 73 Dart Sport - "Fred" and he will update that more often than I will be on here with school and everything. I don't know if he put anything on there from yesterday or not. We got the new rear end under Fred yesterday. I did not have my phone out with me, so no pictures of the new ride height. Dad said the new springs sit a little higher than he thought they would, but we like it. I'll get a picture the next time we pull the tarp off of Fred. We also went through the trunk to see what all was in there. The door panels look like we can clean them up and reuse them, there are 3 door windows and hope that one of them is the one we need for the right door. Also found a wiring harness that we think is for a 318 by looking at the wire lengths and where the connectors are. That is good because we will be looking for a cheap 318 or 360 after we are successful with the roof swap. Dad said the roof swap scares him a little, but I know we will figure it out.
ok - back to class now.

Welcome Young Gun, that’s a nice first Mopar you have there. I see lots of great adventures in your future!

So we started taking Fred apart. We got the interior out, glass out and the tail lights and grill. The dash comes out later today. We ran the fender tag thru an online decoder and found out that Fred is a Pisces (not that we really care) and missed Dad's 6th birthday by 2 days. LOL . Dad said Fred was quite a looker when new. Check it out. And we picked up a fiberglass hood for $100 if I decide to make it look like a race car, but might go with the correct snorkel scoop.
Freds Fender Tag.JPG

20230411_130815.jpg

20230406_125641.jpg

20230406_163436.jpg

20230408_113047.jpg

20230409_182243.jpg

20230408_113118.jpg

The window channels don't look too bad... on mine i basically wire wheel any heavy rust and use Corroseal to seal then paint over that.. as long as it isn't too bad

The rear window channel and the sides and bottom of the windshield channels are good. The top of the windshield channel will be taken care of when we replace the roof.

Welcome Josh. Look forward to seeing what power plant you choose. Good luck and enjoy.

Welcome Josh. Look forward to seeing what power plant you choose. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks. Me too. LOL Dad says this winter when it is too cold to do body work/primer and/or paint in our un heated garage, we'll look for a cheap small block. We've been doing some reading and it looks like a budget friendly, without cheaping out, way to go for decent power without getting crazy will be a late 90's to early 2000's 318 or 360 and hope to get away with a re-ring and bearings. We would then just do a 4 barrel and intake, an electronic ignition, an oil pump for good measure and figure out which way to go for a fuel pump. I need to get a part time job this summer.
Anyone near us have an engine to donate that is in their way? haha.

-
Back