getting my turtle installed

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I sent my intake down to Andy Dittmer yesterday. He lives about an hour from here. I hope to get rid of my dead spot with it. Andy said I should get some good torque increase and anywhere from 2 HP to 25 HP. Should be interesting. I talked to Scott Brown the other day and he's using one in his wifes car and said it helped the bottom end.

For those of you who haven't heard of a turtle; it sit's on the bottom of the plenum and directs the air/fuel straight to the cylinder so it doesn't bottom out. It also help atomize the mixture too.

Once I get it back and Jessie get's done with my carb I will get back to the dyno. Last time there I had 545 hp and 500 tq at the wheels running rich. I hope to be somewhere around 570 and 530 with a good mixture. We'll see :thumrigh:

Oh, that's what that turtle thing people keep talking about is. Can you install one onto a M1 SP, and how much would that cost?

yes you can put one in an M1. You just send your intake to Andy in Quincy Il and he will put it in for you. I'm have mine bolted in. Some people epoxy them. They are about $65, pretty cheap HP.

Hey Adam I got something for you! :fart: LOL you funny :thumrigh:

hey 73roadrunner, I just looked through your pics, Nice Freakin Job!! Thats a lot of work your doing there. That car gonna be awsome!

BARRACUDA340S said:
hey 73roadrunner, I just looked through your pics, Nice Freakin Job!! Thats a lot of work your doing there. That car gonna be awsome!

Thanks...if it's half as nice as yours, I'll be happy! :thumrigh:

-
Back