Getting Ready to Lose another Hero

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My better half's 96 year young father is getting ready for his last call of duty. Retired Norfolk Fire Department Lieutenant of 40 plus years and former Merchant Marine. Just a great guy. A fall in his house a few days ago has got the best of him and sepsis has set in. He is unresponsive in hospital but surrounded by loving family as his final mission is imminent.
God speed Thomas Wesley Kight

IMG_20230529_112447630.jpg

Awful sorry to read this. Sounds like a hero for sure.

A life worth living. Ill pour one out for this fella and have a moment of silence. Hard work and goin out with a smile. RIP.

Sorry to hear this. Lost both my parents last year and it is not fun. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers.

The hospital gave my dad sepsis. We had to get an organization after them so they paid for the drugs to cure it. It's a very aggressive situation and not easily cured but it can be cured. Comes from a dirty Hospital.
Actually the nurse did not properly wash her hands or dispose of contaminated gown after coming from a patient with sepsis and she passed it right on to my father.

Prayers for your father-in-law.

Last edited:
That's Horrible to hear. Lord, Father Please Help Lt Thomas Kight and his family throughout this time Amen. My Sincere apologies Y'all... that is some kind of messed up...

I hope to meet him later on, all of you will see him again

96 is one heck of a run.... But it ain't over. He sounds like the kind of guy I always enjoy just sitting with and letting them talk. And with those 2 careers alone I bet the stories he has told would peek the interest of anyone.

Be there for your family during this time and if it's time then so be it but losing someone close to you sure ain't for sissies!!!!

JW

Thomas left on his final mission this morning with his two daughters by his side.Thanks to all for the awesome responses.
RIP TWK

Very sorry for your loss....he's in good hands now....

-
Back