Glyptal...your thoughts

-

retsud_043

Reaction score
Should a person coat the lifter valley or more of the engine's internal castings? Is there a proven HP gain or a proven rise in operating temps?Pro's and con's.......
What do you think?:-k

I`ve only read articles, on the subject, but it seems it just improves oil return. I dont believe any HP gains?. Never heard of temp increase issues, but that does`nt mean it occurs. This is not new tech.,cause I have an early 70`s Lincoln welding machine, Continental engine, and the inside of block was coated from factory. So they deemed it worthy.

I`ve only read articles, on the subject, but it seems it just improves oil return. I dont believe any HP gains?. Never heard of temp increase issues, but that does`nt mean it occurs. This is not new tech.,cause I have an early 70`s Lincoln welding machine, Continental engine, and the inside of block was coated from factory. So they deemed it worthy.

You are right mopar head, this is old school-technology. I've seen it in many gearboxes and transmissions also,so I'm sure it is safe to do......I thought some of the Mopar racers might have an opinion on the subject:dontknow:

I do all my motors,lifter valley,lower end and head castings.Quick oil return
and keeps your oil clean.Cheap mod to do if you have a properly cleaned block and some time to kill.

I've always used Rustoleum brush-on red primer. Will it make you go faster? Probably not. Will your engine last longer? Maybe. Is it a good way to waste an evening drinking beer while you wait for your crank to get done? Yep. Is it worth your time? You decide.

I've always used Rustoleum brush-on red primer. Will it make you go faster? Probably not. Will your engine last longer? Maybe. Is it a good way to waste an evening drinking beer while you wait for your crank to get done? Yep. Is it worth your time? You decide.

If it's an excuse to drink beer and watch paint dry...count me in

-
Back