Go Wing

-

cmorrow

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I hate to ask this question but, does anyone know if Chrysler and Ford used the same supplier for some parts? The reason I ask is that I had a 71 Mustang and I installed the spoiler from my parents 72 Mach 1 on it. Is it the same as a Go wing?

Attachments

• mustang11-23-11.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 289
It sure looks possible. Remember though, there was more than one go wing for the A body. Not sure what Ford called it. I think it looks better on the Rustang.

If I remember right, the spacing between the legs is about 1.5" narrower on the Ford wing. The legs look identical, except for the pentastar or F-oval on the inside. Mounted on a car, you'd never notice the difference.

they definitely look the same (I had to steal the spoiler off my Boss 429 model to add it to my Duster model lol)

Thanks, I was hoping to find some kind of differences. I also think the spoiler looked great on the Mustang compared to the Duster. I'm not sure how I feel about have a spoiler on the Duster, I do sorta like the one with all of the screws in it that isn't called a wing, but since I am going to use rally wheels and a basic stripe I don't think it will look right.

cmorrow I have a spoiler I ordered from mustang unlimited. It's plastic, leg spacing is exact, weight is the same, and was much cheaper. I ordered the proper brackets for the trunk support/mounting bracket. The only difference is the correct nuts that go on the underneath side of the trunk does not match the studs that come with the spoiler. I went to the local hardware store and got a threaded rod that matches the nuts. i cut it to the correct length, got the correct tap size, and cut new threads in the pedastals. I also added lock tite to the studs and threaded them into the pedastals. Saved a few $$$ and looks correct. I did read in my research that the same supplier years ago made mopar spoilers and ford spoilers in the same factory but do not know for sure.

-
Back