God bless..

-
As with any maritime gravesite, whether it be civilian or military, leave the dead in peace.

I watched a documentary about the USS Indianapolis. They found it at 18,000 feet underwater with an unmanned robot camera. They were very specific that it is a gravesite and should not be messed with.
Those people should not have been down there in the first place.

I watched a documentary about the USS Indianapolis. They found it at 18,000 feet underwater with an unmanned robot camera. They were very specific that it is a gravesite and should not be messed with.
I have no issue with them going to see it. I have issue with them taking articles from it.

Seeing it is kind of like going to Gettysburg and seeing the battlefield or Normandy for the same reason.

Taking from it is robbing of the grave.

I have no issue with them going to see it. I have issue with them taking articles from it.

Seeing it is kind of like going to Gettysburg and seeing the battlefield or Normandy for the same reason.

Taking from it is robbing of the grave.

Yes, I agree.

I have no objection to searching for lost ships, at least once they're located the surviving family members may find some closure or peace in the knowledge of where the remains of their loved ones lie. I don't agree with salvaging from those wrecks however.

-
Back