God was his co pilot for sure

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Amazing crash at over 260 MPH and he walked away!!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0xVHPiKRec"]Larry Dixon walks away from a spectacular crash in Gainesville #NHRA - YouTube[/ame]

I did not see him walk away.

Neither did I but the news reports were that he got out of the car and waved his hat to the crowd and walked to the ambulance to get checked out and he is OK.

Well that's good. Isn't that still Don Prudhomme's team?

2 things those cars are designed to do: go fast and protect the driver in case something goes wrong

it got the important part right
(and I guess it did go pretty fast too)

What broke? What's in that middle section of the fuselage? Fuel cell?

Bob Vandergriff's C&J Energy Services TF Dragster.

Prudhomme (and his team) have been retired for years.

Gotchya. I don't keep up with it anymore. Caint afford satellite and don't have cable out here. Even so I wouldn't watch since they gayed out and went 1000 feet.

Gotchya. I don't keep up with it anymore. Caint afford satellite and don't have cable out here. Even so I wouldn't watch since they gayed out and went 1000 feet.

What do you live in the "backwoods"...explains a lot..LOL

Looks like they have been screwing with chassis flex again for more traction. It's the same kind of thing that happened to Force a few years back that just about took his feet off.

My bother is at that event on holidays.
He texted me yesterday to tell me about it, what a shocker that Dixon walked away from this.
All i can say is hats off to the NHRA and their safety rules.
I always did like Larry Dixon, glad to hear he's okay.
I know this isn't related, but i think Don Prudhomme is an a-hole.
I had a run in with him at Seattle about 20 years ago, and we got into a shouting match about taking pictures of some destroyed engine parts that were placed outside of his roped off area.
The authorities were called and they said i did nothing wrong, it was outside of his secured area and that is public domain.
He grabbed my camera and wanted to smash it. He didn't apologize either, and that's why i say he's a dick.

th' guy in the right lane must've cleaned out his pants a little too, with all that goin on right next to hin

Glad he's OK. I've always like Larry. Class act.

Second time it happened to him. First time he wasn't as lucky.
[ame]https://youtu.be/9Mjr9mzFC1c[/ame]

From another article:

This isn't the first time Dixon found himself in a scary crash. In 2000 Dixon suffered a broken leg and eye injury after his car went nose-first into the air.

"The last time I went through one of these, my eye literally popped out of its socked," Dixon said. "I had a broken leg and a helicopter ride and all of that. The fact that I'm here and talking to you and have no broken bones and I still have both eyes--all the improvements in the car in the 15 years since I last did this have made a difference."

Don't watch NHRA and thay was the first I have seen of any NHRA stuff in a while.. Glad he is ok... Just do not care for the NHRA.. love drag racing the way it should be .. Head-sup grudge racing with door cars.

Don't watch NHRA and thay was the first I have seen of any NHRA stuff in a while.. Glad he is ok... Just do not care for the NHRA.. love drag racing the way it should be .. Head-sup grudge racing with door cars.

I believe NHRA prostocks STILL have doors and they race heads-up:burnout::burnout:

-
Back