Going back to BIGS

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I sent my Pro Systems carb up to Jessie to have it powder coated. It turns out the carb isn't quite what I expected. Don't get me wrong Pro Systems has a good name for a reason, just I got a basic run of the mill piece and not something built for me. I over looked a few things I used to get with the BIGS. Billet metering blocks, reworked venturies, true notched rear float bowls, plus BIGS carbs look great. There where a few other things that could have been better on the pro systems carb too that you get with Jessie. I had Jessie look at it and I made my own conclusions on the statements I just made, these are my words not anyone elses. It is what it is. I was a little dissapointed.

My Cuda is my passion and I like to have the trickest stuff out there on it. To me, I don't really even care if one carb out performs the other. I do care that the workmanship and quality be the best out there. If both carbs performed the same what would you rather have? I'll take the carb that has the trick stuff and looks pretty. I even take a little ribbing once in a while about making things look nice even if it doesn't make it faster.

There's a goofball guy who alway's hangs out the O'Reilly's in town, one of them know it all pricks. Ya know, he ran 10's with a 327 in a 3600 pounds sled with a cutom 2 barrel he put together. :roll: The other day I was in there talking to Aaron and we got on the subject of carbs. This goofball told me I needed a 600 holley, I scratched :scratch: :scratch: my head and was going to say something but I figured he might talk to me some more and I knew I just couldn't take that so I left. LOL Everytime he looks at my engine at a car show he just shakes his head in disgust, then takes the last drag off his cigarette that has burned into the filter. Then jumps in his 84 camaro with 3 different colored doors and fenders and just beats the hell out of his 305 trying to impress everyone. You all know a guy like this I'm sure. LOL Anyway, I don't really know where I'm going with this but I had a point at one time just don't remember what it was. :scratch:

Glad to here your back with BIGS.

Remember, If it dont go, CHROME IT !!!! :mrgreen:

well by the I powder coat and upgrade what I have I might as well sell it and just get the real thing to start with.

"if it don't go chrome it" :D :D :D

Adam? you don't hppen to own an tri colored 84 camaro with a screaming 305 and thrush mufflers do you :D :D LOL

Never owned a tri colored one but I have owned a few Camaros. I was also told last night I should grow a Mullet to go with the big tires on the back of the Barracuda. maybe hes a relative. LOL

this guy's like 50 years old and needs a hair cut real bad. I'll paint a picture for you. He still carries a comb in his back pocket and flicks his ashes in his hand and then wipes it on his jeans. We have a car cruise on the town square every month in the summer and he's alway's there. I don't know what I ever did to this goof to get on his bad side but he alway's has to point at the Cuda and something to who ever he is with. He won't do it when I'm standing there but I see him do it from a way's away. I've alway's wondered what he is saying :scratch: then he walks away shaking his head. He cracks me up :lol:

what is the mullet thing about? was big tires an 80's thing?

I remember a lot of people jacking their cars up, my favorite was the 13" rear shackle lift. LOL

Let's see now. I'm pushing 50, I have long hair, I carry a comb in my back pocket, I smoke and I used to have a Camaro. Oh no, I have a twin and he's on your case Brett. If you can direct him to EvilScamps this weekend, I will straighten him out. :D :D :D

Jack

DOH :shock: :shock: I knew as soon as I started being colorful I would get into trouble. LOL

You may be similiar to him but you have class! Big difference. :thumrigh:

-
Back