Gonna Experiment With 4071051's

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
I'm going to experiment with a set of 4071051 heads. Anyone else work with these heads? About 10 years ago, I got a junk yard 350 Chevy, rebuilt it with flat pistons, smog heads, around 8.5/1 compression, and got the car running in the 12's. Not bad for having about $700 in the motor. I know the 360 Dodge makes better torque.
The Dodge heads have already been rebuilt, but I can't tell if they did any shaving.

I'm going to experiment with a set of 4071051 heads. Anyone else work with these heads? About 10 years ago, I got a junk yard 350 Chevy, rebuilt it with flat pistons, smog heads, around 8.5/1 compression, and got the car running in the 12's. Not bad for having about $700 in the motor. I know the 360 Dodge makes better torque.
The Dodge heads have already been rebuilt, but I can't tell if they did any shaving.

Those are regulation 360 head castings, and possibly later 4bbl 318's. All look to have had the A.I.R ports as well. I like what your thinking, as I put together a low comp. stock, 1.94" valve SBC combo for a buddies wife's 69' RS with a M21/2.20 and 4.10 gears. Only had 1 3/4" headers, a gyp 327/350 cam, and with a iron intake and a Q-jet I worked over, went 13.30's with sticky belted street tires.

Maybe one of the fastest basic builds I ever did. No reason a Mopar can't get those results, or better.

I just thought it would be fun to try. The motor was given to me, so I have nothing to lose. The guy that sold me the Barracuda had it sitting in the corner of his garage, said it came out of a parts car. I tore it down and found that someone had rebuilt it using stock parts.

-
Back