gonna start working on the dart

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
well got the dart in the shop today to start working on it and get out the house..i plan to start with the qrts then work from there i have to replace the bottom on both sides i think as it looks but will see once i tear down...ill take pic and keep the work up to date on it so wish me luck..this is going to be the first build im gonna do like this i plan to go as far as i can myself with a little help from friends......so here is a pic of how it looks now

Attachments

• HPIM0582.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 849
  • HPIM0583.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 842
  • HPIM0584.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 866
  • HPIM0585.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 849
  • HPIM0586.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 844
Looks like a nice solid car to start with, and a nice color combo as well. Good luck with the project!

well the motor plans are a nice 360 with kb 107 and about 10.1 comp and a comp cam 520/540 soild with a torker340 intake and ported j-heads 727 with 9.5 5000 vrta and 4.10/30 gears with ss springs and bout 150 shoot of nos.. i think im going to mini tube the car and add 1 of the 8 3/4 that i have so i can run a nice size tire 28/10.5 or i may keep the factory wheels and just put some m/t drag radials on it..gonna be a driver with the op. to fight.. got a set of headers and flow masters that i took of the duster that will go on it as well.. alot of the parts are from the duster with the 340 but since im going big block in it i can use them on the dart....i think i like the color just need to fix the rust spots...also plan to have the bench seat redone may take the old lady out to the move some times lol

well got the dart up on blocks and started to do a little work today.i pulled the molding off the side i didnt like the way it looks with it on so it will stay off when done not sure if someone put it there or if it came on the car..anyway also got to do a little work on the back qrt panel and its not as bad i i thought it would be cleaned all the mud of now i just need to cut out the metal and repair whats needed..ill post pic tomm. ..also got to look at the rims good which is all big bolt patt. and someone changed the rear to small with plates to fit big bolt so thats good to know...dont seem like it will be to bad of a job once i really stick to it i only spent about 2hrs out today...pic to come mike

great looking car sir my first mopar was 73 swinger its was a POS but man was it cool I always said I wanted buckets in my dart but when I bought my 1974 swinger it came with not only a split front bench but BRAND NEW BLACK covers for it well, you be the judge

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 808
  • 009.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 803
mopardrt thats nice i plan to redo my seat hope it turns out as good as yours just in white lol..
pettybludart you got your work cut out for you but you got some nice looking car and great running cars .mike

here is where im at right now with the car .some of the work on the car was yest. day and some today..had a hard time getting the bolts out of the wheel molding had to use a cut off wheel ..

Attachments

• HPIM0602.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 752
  • HPIM0601.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 746
  • HPIM0600.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 740
  • HPIM0599.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 764
  • HPIM0598.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 756
  • HPIM0597.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 742
  • HPIM0596.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 760
  • HPIM0595.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 751
  • HPIM0594.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 770
  • HPIM0593.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 750
sorry didnt mean to put all the pics in a few are going to the for sale section

the res. tank will come out and be for sale the jack ***. will be for sale and the air cond. unit i have everything that go with it from the out side of the car..the inside stuff will stay..mike sorry

well got a little more done todat with the help of my son feels good working with him on this thing..he's 17 now going on 18 and ready to find a school to go to for racing/and some diesel work but anyway thats him in the pics working hard..
now the bad i got the pass. side qt cleaned up a little and find that its going to need a replacement from the front of the wheel to the back of the car from the seam down i think somebody had a blow out with the car and put a gal. of bondo in there its about .5 thick in places and others not so bad..anyway check out the progress and hope it helps somebody out along the way..also would like to ask whats the best way to get to the rear bumper bolts i dont really see a easy way??? and if you guys that checking the prgress out would look good at the car and tell me if you think it would look better with the white top or a soild color???i think the car was a darker red and they did not match the paint back up but i plan to go back with the factory color or a nice flack/green/with some pearl, but just getting some ideas on the color when the time comes..( i like the red with the white top along with the trim molding..thanks mike:-D

Attachments

• HPIM0609.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 713
  • HPIM0608.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 714
  • HPIM0607.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 714
  • HPIM0606.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 727
  • HPIM0605.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 724
  • HPIM0604.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 707
  • HPIM0603.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 751
That sucks about the filler in quarter. A new skin would be your best bet. I have to do the skins on both sides my dart next summer. As far as the roof color on your car goes, do what makes you happy.

well got the driver side done today not the best looing work but hey i never did this type of work before ..had to come on in the house getting cold out..didnt get any pics today but will take them tomm. and post for your thoughts..mike:thumleft:

im gonna do my best man any run time on that little 340 yet?? i know you will have it flying...mike:thumleft:

well heres the pics from yest. of the work we got done..the more i look at it the more i would like to buy a new lower qt. and redo it but i may just be me . it just dont look the way i thought it would could just need primer..we'll see.had to put in a pic of my big baby also my dump truck thats my big toy..lol thanks mike:thumleft: sorry the dark stops are where its been grinded on and is very shiney its not holes lol..

Attachments

• HPIM0610.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 653
  • HPIM0611.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 657
  • HPIM0612.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 937
well been away from the dart for some time now but jump back on it a little today..didnt have anything else to do and just spent some time out in the shop...got the lower qter. that i patched done with the bondo, and few more spots that needed a little att..got the bumper of the back and the lower val. (think thats right) had some small dings in it that i got fixed and had a little bondo in it that i took out and fixed the dents....car looks alot better now since i took some of the parts off and fixed them up..will post pics after i resize them....anyway just wanted to get in the shop and get my mind on some good things for a change...mike:king:

man didnt no it had been a year man time fly when your not having funny lol

shoulder is bout the same hurts everyday but im use to it now so im still working..lol im going to try and make it a few more years before i do the replacement as long as i can stand the pain im good...i've watched your post when im on here not up here like i use to be got a lot of other stuff going on as well.. trying to build a stroker motor and fig. out what else to do lol just going in circles i guess..:violent1:

hey guys i thinking about doing away with those rubber front and rear bumper parts..does anybody make or have something to cap the holes with?????? i just dont think i like the look of them..and man the damn back bumper took 2 people to move wth....does anybody have any lite weight mounts that they can post a pic of before i try and get creative lol..thanks mike

hey guys i thinking about doing away with those rubber front and rear bumper parts..does anybody make or have something to cap the holes with?????? i just dont think i like the look of them..and man the damn back bumper took 2 people to move wth....does anybody have any lite weight mounts that they can post a pic of before i try and get creative lol..thanks mike
Are you refering to the bumperettes/ I took mine off completely. Im just putting in bumper bolts instead.

yes that's it...was wondering if many people do it or not...they just dont suit the car to me..lol i see that pettyblue has them off his project car as well...thanks nite moves you the man ...mike

-
Back