Good freind Frank soldridge crashes

-
The crew said the front of the door came out and built cabin pressure That then turned the car and blue the door off. I will find out more when my son talks to Frank. He is in pain and not communicating at this time.

The Malibu he was racing set a new world record. Good he did. Or frank would have hit him. Frank will be OK. He shattered his arm pretty bad. The car is destroyed My son has pics on social media.

It is torn to pieces except for the cage. Not even the rear was in the car. he also has the X-rays of Franks arm what a mess. I'll try to get pics of the car and X-rays from my son. Maybe this will put some fear in Frank. He always would laugh the close ones off. Always smiling. Like my son no fear. .

I ask myself . Myself, Was I like that? I couldn't have been. What makes us do this crazy stuff? The faster you go, The faster you want to go. And now no Prep ,WTF is wrong with these kids. 200 plus in an 1/8 ??? and wheels up.

I am fairly certain the track at South Georgia was prepped for days before his race.

You aren’t running a 3.66 in the 1/8 on a radial tire at a no prep event.

This was a prepped track event but they do run the no prep events when the money is big. Lights out events are some of them. They do break into the 3's at no preps. with big tires

Its still sick to go that fast with a factory front frame, steel roof/quarters car. You don't steer these cars you aim them.

That was a bad deal...... But here is the reality of it. The car was going to wad up on that pass unfortunately but atleast he is around to tell the story....

Side note- that Malibu is a bad ****. Jason Carter's team has that thing figured out. 78lbs. of boost is insane.....

JW

Is he still running a Nelson motor in the malibu? The front end is different for the turbos. Frank just went to a 481X proline.. I just heard my son talking about the rear locking up in franks car when he let out. That is what one of the guys relayed to him. But we are still waiting for frank to confirm what happened. I see the door issue before the wheels were locked on the video. He might of backed off when the door opened. That would be scary enough to let out quick.

Is he still running a Nelson motor in the malibu? The front end is different for the turbos. Frank just went to a 481X proline.. I just heard my son talking about the rear locking up in franks car when he let out. That is what one of the guys relayed to him. But we are still waiting for frank to confirm what happened. I see the door issue before the wheels were locked on the video. He might of backed off when the door opened. That would be scary enough to let out quick.

You can hear something before it gets crossed up IMO..... Those guys are flat getting it done. In all honesty, I am surprised there are not a bunch of fatalities in those small tire classes. Anything sub 4 second on those tires is insane.

Yes, I believe it is a Nelson powerplant. I believe what I have read is the Malibu has an extremely exotic Converter in it. They will probably scratch 50 something within 2 years unless the tires mandate something different (speed rating....)

JW

-
Back