Goodguys @ Pleasanton (CA) 3/27-28

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
This is very last minute but is anyone going to Pleasanton tomorrow (3/27)? I will be out there with a buddy of mine very early in the morn and will remain until 11 or so if anyone else wants to meet up. I will have my iPhone so I can check on PMs from there. I will be checking them before I leave in the morning as well.

The show was good. The weather was near perfect. It's no secret around here that I have had an issue with the Goodguys organization over the years due to their fee structure. This year was no exception. In years past, one could buy a ticket for the swap meet only (approx. $7-$8). There were many people that didn't want to walk into the show but just wanted to peruse the swap area and leave. That changed several years back when the Goodguys figured they should just charge one amount whether or not you just wanted to attend the swap or not. Hence, the $15 admission fee was born. This year, it was raised to $17.

After getting inside, we met up with some other members from the Golden State Rods. If you weren't a Goodguys member, you had to pay $60 at the gate to get in. Several people who had decided to participate at the last minute were not too happy.

The swap was quite good. I actually saw more than a smattering of Mopar parts throughout it. Prices for items (whether they be A-body center consoles or SBP rallyes) were fair to high. Of course, this was on Saturday, and usually the prices fall on Sunday.

The one area that was a big surprise to me was the car corral. I know times are tough but have never seen the corral this full. It was absolutely full and there was a large spill over area for vehicles that would not fit on the grass area.

All in all, the weather was beautiful. There were some very nice cars out there. I think the new Mopars in attendance outweighed the vintage ones. I had a nice time hanging out and talking with friends. I didn't walk away from the show with any "had-to-have" parts but I did spend $4.50 on a diet Coke and $4 on a soft serve cone. Go figure ... it's a Goodguys event. ;)

Glad to hear there are some new mopars showing up, I last visited the good guys show was about 6 or 7 years ago and the show always seemed to be a Chevy and Ford thing with a rare mopar here and there.

-
Back