Goodguys, Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth

-

Randy WM

Reaction score
Hey guys, the Goodguys show is coming up the weekend of October 5, 6, and 7 in Fort Worth at Texas motor Speedway.

I just thought I'd give you all a heads up because the Mopar field has been very weak the past couple of years. At the spring show there were only two Dusters and maybe a couple of other pre 1970 Barracudas on hand, and that was it. Last fall, I don't think any Dusters or Darts made the show. And there weren't a lot of other Mopars there either.

Once upon a time, Mopars were well represented at Goodguys in Fort Worth, but like I mentioned, they seemed to be few and far between the past few years. I know the economy has been tough, and a lot of people have sold their cars. And it's tough to travel to one of these shows also. But if at all possible, hopefully the turnout will be good in two weeks for the Mopar fans here in the DFW area.

Take some pictures of the cars so we can drool over them. We have a car show here that weekend also but it is nothing but a kind of in the sticks car show since the the city took it over. Perkins car show is much better and is almost in the sticks. It is a shame that our city manager had to take control of ours.

Take some pictures of the cars so we can drool over them. We have a car show here that weekend also but it is nothing but a kind of in the sticks car show since the the city took it over. Perkins car show is much better and is almost in the sticks. It is a shame that our city manager had to take control of ours.

Will do! I generally post them on Photobucket and post a link to it.

I attended the first few years at TMS, but they never had many Mopars. Half of the Mopars they did have were hotrods with small block Chevy engines. I have no interest in paying to go in and look at 700 bowtie engines.

I never could understand why someone invests tens of thousands of dollars in a body, and then installs such a generic engine. I guess they just ran out of money and/or creativity.

I attended the first few years at TMS, but they never had many Mopars. Half of the Mopars they did have were hotrods with small block Chevy engines. I have no interest in paying to go in and look at 700 bowtie engines.

I never could understand why someone invests tens of thousands of dollars in a body, and then installs such a generic engine. I guess they just ran out of money and/or creativity.

I don't understand why the number of Mopars has dropped off so much the past few years.

And of course, as luck would have it, the forecast calls for rain tomorrow. We've had little to no rain all summer, and NOW it decides to rain.

I thought about entering but it was $85 since I was not a member of Goodguys, it was an ALL day thing and then the weather forecast.........maybe in the spring.

This comment makes me wonder what you find so "creative" about an LA/B/RB in a Mopar??????

This comment makes me wonder what you find so "creative" about an LA/B/RB in a Mopar??????

Don't think I mentioned anything about that being the definition of "creative", but any Mopar engine in a Mopar bodied hotrod is far more rare than one with a small block Chevy.

I won't mention a Hemi of any generation, but why not a turbocharged slant six, or a Fenton equipped flathead six, or a straight 8 Chrysler, or a turbo 2.2, or a dual 4-bbl Poly? Maybe even a modern Mopar V6? Want something different without it being Mopar...how about an AMC, a Studebaker R3, or a nailhead Buick, or even a Packard?

Anything would be more creative than a small block Chevy...the ultimate in cheap and boring.

-
Back