Got A New Invention Check Out The Video

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
When I'm not messing with the Cuda I can be found on my snowmobile.

I started a company that makes a drive on and drive off snowmobile dolly.

Check it out and tell me what you think!

www.thesledbed.com

Brett

Pretty usefull I bet! Reminds me of an "accident" that killed a Yellowstone Park Employee back in 1997. They rigged a snowmobile similarly with temporary wheels or a dolly for the skis so they could move it around parking areas without snow. He was found dead early one morning after he lost control and crashed (apparently at high speed) into one of the Park buildings.

That is pretty trick. i'm not much of a snowmobiler, but my boss is. i will have to tell him about it.

Nice!

Much easier then lifting up each ski and putting a wheel underneath.

Launch one through the garage wall . Then send the video to AFHV
If you don't someone else will. Good luck

Very cool Brett! "Faster and easier than placing dolleys," AND a lot easier on your back too by the looks of things.

If your venture works out (and my big oven gets here soon LOL), maybe we can work out a mutually beneficial agreement to powder coat them for added durability and customer color choices. :-D

Good luck with the great idea!!!

Edit: Ooooooops, I see from clicking the "Order" tab that you already have them available powder coated. Maybe we can talk about it anyway ... does your coater have 6,500+ colors available?? I could do them up to match your customers' vehicles, towing rigs, etc. ;-)

Great idea!! I,ve wrenched my back many a time moving my Fomula700deluxe.I think the 700 stands for pounds haha!!ouch

Cool invention !!! I see you even have the marketing down .. I love how the other guy struggles with the first dolly and kicks it :-D

Seriously, best of luck with your new venture .. Only one thing comes to mind.. I see you offer bare steel as an option. Wouldn't it be better to at least prime them so they don't arrive all rusty ?? Just a thought ...

Kenny

looks like a great idea as long as ya dont sneeze and hit the throttle.

lol

I like it makes it look so easy.. why wouldnt I buy one.... if I had sleds ?

cool man.

-RPM

CudaChick--Having more powder coating options would be great! The shipping would be to expensive. These things are built like a tank. They weigh 51 pounds! I wish you were closer.

cannuky--Get ahold of me if you're intersted in being a dealer. I am currently working with two other dealers. Send me an email or call 319 470 2873.

70_Duster_340--The steel we use has an oil coating from the supplier. We build the bare steel units and ship them right away. They wouldn't rust for a long time as long as you didn't wash them or get them wet. We just oil up the welds before we ship them. Great point though!

great ideaer!! I forwarded the link to a few of my buddies that have sleds, also a pm sent. Good luck

I have got to say you have a winner :cheers:
I have never owned a snowmobile, but have drove a few as a boy.
That video tells the story:-D congratulations on your Invention Brett

CudaChick--Having more powder coating options would be great! The shipping would be to expensive. These things are built like a tank. They weigh 51 pounds! I wish you were closer.

Even at 51 pounds, UPS ground would take two days and cost $28.48 (we're in the same shipping zone and not even 500 miles apart) so it's not too bad really. For such a nice piece of equipment, I doubt if customers would balk too much at an extra thirty bucks if they could get the color they want. They could even be shipped to your customers direct from here once a track record's established and you personally are assured of fabulous work product every time.

you might want to put a tether on it so it doesn't get launched accidently.

Thanks CudaChick, I will consider your offer.

There is a tether on the unit if you look close in the video there is a chain out front of the unit that the track lands on.

Good point though!

-
Back