Got a question ?

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
View attachment image.jpg

So in the process of taking my carb off for a rebuild I dropped a very very small nut and I can't for the life of me find it and the only thing I can think of is it went down that open half moon/horseshoe spot just above the top edge of the intake and in the center of the head. I

I'm pretty sure that there is no hole in the intake gasket there and is blocked off so where could it go ?? I have removed the valve cover and of course can't see anything cause so that's just my luck and I'll prob have to remove the intake right ?

I'm ony phone and trying to add a picture so wis me luck lol

Thanks Don

If it went down there it's not a problem. That's just a heat passage.

That's what I was thinking TMM. Thank you very much for your help

It can't be going anywhere if it's just a hole and it did not leak Vacuum , Water or compression, looks like a heat chamber on the head to a different style intake to me :happy1:

Hay I could be wrong :toothy1: Why a month or two later ? has it been sitting all this time maybe :glasses7:

It can't be going anywhere if it's just a hole and it did not leak Vacuum , Water or compression, looks like a heat chamber on the head to a different style intake to me :happy1:

Hay I could be wrong :toothy1: Why a month or two later ? has it been sitting all this time maybe :glasses7:

Lol everybody is a comedian.

someone else had the same issue recently...shop vac resolved it

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be a smart bass...I was just saying so a search could be done.

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be a smart bass...I was just saying so a search could be done.

gotcha and i did a search but many times if we are not wording it just like or even close to the way the other person did it wont come up and also like i said i was on my phone.

I was not trying to be a jerk either but many times people here assume if the questions was already asked then the person asking it again is lazy and did not take the time to search and its just not always the case.

Thank you for trying :)

-
Back