Got My Disablity!

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
Well I am very suprised. Sent all the papers to SS disablity in december.
Got a letter in the mail last week, said it all went through.
No problems! Can you belive it? Have heard that if they give it to you.
They probably think you won't last 6 months. LOL!
I'm going to prove them wrong.
Going to be a little tight on funds, but we should make it.
So I will be available for questions most of the time.
Got my tool box from work in the garage. Took a little doing!( big A** thing)
Everybody have a great day, I know I will!

Attachments

• 1 duster burn out.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 445
Outstanding, keep current with the docs as they will ask for a recertification every now and then. I was asked after the second year, they have yet to ask the wife, who has been out almost 3 years.

Very cool. I just sent in an update not long ago. They will ask from time to time if there have been any changes etc. Take good care of yourself and listen to your body. It will allow a long and hopefully happy life!

Btw this is post # 5000 for me...lol!

I'll drop dead on the job. That is my lot in life. Work till I drop. Oh well, back to work!!

My comment was not in reference to anyone. I was just stating that I will probably drop dead before I can even think of retirement.

I worked from 74 to 99 when I got hurt. Somebody wants to take a crack at "their" tax dollars supporting people on disability needs to know that we pay taxes outta that disability too. It's not like people on disability aren't still contributiong to the tax base. We are. At least it's not like the millions on gubmint dole gettin welfare food stamps and the like when they are able bodied. All because some scumbag attorney told them they had a case.

Got a cousin with club foot, he has been on disability since he was 19....... WTF IS club foot anyway? He walks just fine.

I have an issue with that.... But I am like some of you, I have issues, a bit of numb hands, constant headaches, a bit of cancer in the colon, but I will work somehow until my heart quits beating.

Glad to hear it. The governments, both state and federal are making it harder for anybody with a disability to collect. Sorry to hear you're incapacitated but as long as your right foot is not disable you should be okay. :burnout:

Glad to hear it. The governments, both state and federal are making it harder for anybody with a disability to collect.
That's true. It took my sister around 3 yrs to get her disability due to a heart condition. When she finally did get it she was paid retroactively so she started with a decent chunk of change.

im in the process of it right now myself right foot amputation will not let me work in parts store anymore 33yrs of doing it i miss it company let me go because i have been gone for more than 16 weeks

I worked from 74 to 99 when I got hurt. Somebody wants to take a crack at "their" tax dollars supporting people on disability needs to know that we pay taxes outta that disability too. It's not like people on disability aren't still contributiong to the tax base. We are. At least it's not like the millions on gubmint dole gettin welfare food stamps and the like when they are able bodied. All because some scumbag attorney told them they had a case.

That's quite a bit of circular logic there, if that worked then 100% of everybody could be on disability and paying taxes on it thus "contributing" and the economy would keep rolling along. Do a search on Milton Friedman on YouTube for some good economics lessons.

That's quite a bit of circular logic there, if that worked then 100% of everybody could be on disability and paying taxes on it thus "contributing" and the economy would keep rolling along. Do a search on Milton Friedman on YouTube for some good economics lessons.

So...what are you trying to say? because I pay taxes outta my disability....and that's money that I paid into the system my entire work life. It's mine..

im in the process of it right now myself right foot amputation will not let me work in parts store anymore 33yrs of doing it i miss it company let me go because i have been gone for more than 16 weeks

Hate to hear things like this. Diabetes?

So...what are you trying to say? because I pay taxes outta my disability....and that's money that I paid into the system my entire work life. It's mine..

Your original statement was that since taxes are deducted from disability payments then you are somehow a positive force in the tax base. From an economic standpoint, that simply cannot be since you aren't producing any goods or services in lieu of receiving that payment.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrg1CArkuNc"]YouTube - The Most Persistent Economic Fallacy of All Time![/ame]

Glad to hear it didn't take forever to come thru, as is often the case. Back trouble can really affect a person's life.

I must say it gets old when people make judgmental comments; without having the facts, which by the way not so long ago, this subject would be considered personal and nobody's business. What I mean is if the person chose to share it, that's fine, but it's not polite to voice one's disapproval of it.

Glad to hear it didn't take forever to come thru, as is often the case. Back trouble can really affect a person's life.

I must say it gets old when people make judgmental comments; without having the facts, which by the way not so long ago, this subject would be considered personal and nobody's business. What I mean is if the person chose to share it, that's fine, but it's not polite to voice one's disapproval of it.
x2 all i can say is i hope that the ones that look down on the ones that are on it dont ever need it for the fact that what they have always made fun or them and say i will work and dont ask for any thing well to them what would u do tomarrow if u fell off a latter or some **** like that got got fu*kered up what would u do then starve ?hell no u would not u would go ask for help ! so dont feed me that bs ya some can do more than others let me put it this way a im ou of work right now im haveing knee surgry and messed up back the back is meesed up for the rest of my life i can work but to set down a lot i was working when i got my back fu##ed was on the job how dont matter finding a job with what i know that i can work at my bodies pace is hard most in there mind want to work but there body wont let them my point is dont say i pay for ur liveing some day u mite need it to any way good that u got it so fast rant over

You don't pay a penny in taxes on SS disability income , only additional income , pension , spouses income , interest etc.

-
Back