Got to do my Del imitation today

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
As you guys might know, I got a little 19ft Bayliner

I had it out for the first time of the season the other day and while putting it through the paces i noticed the bilge pump didnt work
not surprising since there was no water in the bilge BUT i also didnt hear it hum...which i normally do

so i checked it out today, started at the switch and there was power there
checked the fuses, down to the wiring and all was well, but the pump just would not kick on

so i took it apart, put straight 12 volt to it and it spun

so maybe the whole thing was clogged up ?

took everything apart, cleaned it and and dry tested it and all was well

put it back in, used the hose to put some water in the bilge, turned it on and it spun for a few seconds, then sounded labored and finally stopped again...almost like it was running out of juice

out of juice...or into a wall

so i popped the discharge hose off and and let it run for a few minutes and all ran fine, pumping a good stream of water out of the pump and into the bilge

fired up the compressor and blew the discharge hose out and tried it again
(now i did not see any obstructions pop out of the hose, or worse, a swarm of wasps) but it looks to have fixed the issue

needless to say, i was tickled pink to get it fixed for free

COOL!!! I have a salvaged pump out of the 16' "Flying Crest" I had for a short while (The new owner just wanted the hull, he was going to paint it "cameo" and put a mud motor on it)

So one of the "next" projects is to get it cleaned and tested

I STILL don't have the wiring done in the so called "new" boat, between fatigue, covid, and a really rainy spring---which continued yesterday, and has sprinkled, threatening, today................

-
Back