Grandpa's 63 Dart GT Convertible

-

SocalJosh

Reaction score
dart back.jpg
Hi all,

Very glad to see this community! I'm pretty excited about this one but also somewhat worried. I'm taking ownership of my grandfather's /6 1963 Dart GT Conv. It's in usable condition as he has kept it running, registered and insured in his California garage this whole time. As it has been a driver, most parts have been replaced over time, including paint. In spite of his efforts, however, it would appear that these early Darts, even the rare 63 GT convertible are worth little. The last two years it has been started, shifted and idled weekly.

To me, then, it seems that this car would be best served by someone who is interested and understands cars, may not have much experience in working on them but who wants to learn, maintain, and enjoy this vehicle.

A. Will it disintegrate after one season away from the garage but in a car cover in Los Angeles?

B. Please confirm it's not some super rare model that I'll ruin by touching.

20181007_133104.jpg
20181007_133829.jpg
20181007_135132.jpg

A. Nope wont disintegrate out of the garage especially in California.
B. nope not worth much rarity doesnt mean desirability but some people love them including me.
Drive the wheels off of it if you like it. Its a cool car especially with it being your grandfathers.

Looks like a great car to enjoy, especially where your located. Don't get to hung up on value or other things. Take care of it, drive and enjoy!

-
Back