Graveyard Carz

-
I like watchin it it has given me meny ideas of more correct ways to have things not that it matters but I like to have those looked over little details sometimes

Well I like Graveyard Carz and Chop Cut Rebuild. So there! Although Mark I think is a little hard on his peeps. But Boy they turn out some nice cars. and CCR well they put out all kinds of great stuff. I get more "how too" info from CCR than most any show, love the Duster project Dan!

Johnny, I was attempting to explain to those who complained earlier, why reality shows rely on fake drama. While I don't like the style, it was not a knock against the people on the show. It's a formula that crosses over from genre to genre, regardless of it being an automotive show. In my other post, I stated "I wish them well", which I sincerely do. I think having more car shows on air is better for everyone. The format of a show is usually a decision by a network executive not the creator/producer of an individual show. The exec's tell the producer how it's going to be made and look, so it will flow with other shows on the network. My point was that we all know it's not necessary to get viewers like us to watch. Hopefully, they can express that to executives who agree... But, then again, every speciality network executive wants the next "Honey BooBoo" so they examine the structure of that series to determin what makes it work. They then try to apply the formula to more shows. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. "Television is the highest form of immitation". It's all an on-going experiment, really. I hope that clears things up a little. As part of this community, I hope my occasional opinions are accepted and seen as as a car guy like others here - rather than an opportunity to attack my company and production... BTW, it was a Bricklin! :D

Cheers,

And I still like you....Delorean,Bricklin...Same shat...Lol :burnout:

I don't support the idea that you need fake drama to be popular on television in every instance. In particular when the network is automotive related. I get why it's done when the shows are on Discovery or TLC. Those networks are trying to have a broad appeal. The show before or after yours could have nothing to do with automotive's, so the fake drama will keep those who don't care about the subject tuned in to watch the personality train wreck. But, Velocity is an automotive channel. They are trying to build an audience who understand and appreciate the subject matter - there is no need for the fake drama!

I concur. Especially with Mopars. We are a rabid bunch about the cars alone. That, in itself, is enough to be the driving force of the show. GYC will have more fans watching if they focus on the cars because of how passionate we Moparians are of our cars. Sure, you wont get many blue oval, bowtie or import trash fans. But, be true to yourself and your passions.

Love CCR btw.

-
Back