Graveyard Carz

-
I dont care for Marks ramblings when he is describing options on a car. But just like ****, dont like what you hear turn the sound down, it can be still enjoyed.

For everyone who likes the Mopars, but hates the humor and "characters", I found this quote from Mark Worman on 'Grassroots Motorsports' site. After reading this, you will know why most TV car shows are the way they are:

Mark Worman said:

The idea to create Graveyard Carz was inspired by a 1971 'Cuda 440+6 that a client of mine had purchased and wanted me to restore. This car had been totaled in 1980 and spent the next 30 years being picked apart and rusting.

Soon, rumors were in the air that I was going to "rebody" the 'Cuda, using the original body numbers, dash vin and fender tag. These rumors were started by folks in the Mopar community who did NOT believe the car could be saved...I was out to prove them wrong!

I decided to have a young film student from the University Of Oregon bring his camera over on weekends and document the restoration in hopes to validate the authenticity of the resurrection.

Thus, Graveyard Carz was born...

After creating a one hour pilot, featuring straight work on cars and no character interaction, I sent it out to the networks. After nearly a year of "sorry" or "unfortunatelies" I had find out why I was being passed by. Soon I made connection with A. Smith and Co. This is the company that produces shows such as Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Trading Spaces, etc. Under the direction of a very nice lady there, I learned that even "car shows" have to maintain certain elements to make it appealing to a network. Drama, Conflict and Comedy are the main ones.

So, armed with that knowledge, I set out to rework the program that housed my beloved Mopars. I have always hoped I could make a program that could showcase the cars I love and spread the word of how cool they are, to the masses. I felt it was important to establish characters in the series first and foremost because I knew the 'Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Road Runners, GTX's, Superbirds and Daytonas would carry their own weight.

After revamping the program to a format desirable by networks, Graveyard Carz is now filming it's second Season. It has been sold and is airing in over 40 countries. Discovery Turbo for the UK purchased it and is set to air late this year. Discovery Latin America has bought Season I and Season II which is still in production. The list goes on and on...

If you want to see our beloved Pentastars on TV then you have to ride out the storm and realize we're trying to reach more than just car enthusiasts with Graveyard Carz. There is not another all Mopar show on TV and I doubt there will be another. Rest assured I listen to everyone and make notes to make the program better. But, I also have to make it appealing to the mainstream viewing audience if we want to be around for many years to come. Just thought I should say something.

I guess that's all there is if you want Mopars....sad really..cant stand that Mark and the stupid arrogant attitude. The show also seems to have to much "created drama" Looks like a bunch of fake crap to keep the national Inquirer crowed intrigued. One of the shows to be taken in moderation...one episode and I cant watch anymore for a few weeks...

The show is entertainment take it or leave it. Its a far cry now from what it was in the past . More tech , more explaining less drama. Mark is a screw ball for sure but he cracks me up at the same time. If I had the money , would I let him do my Dart ? .... In a heart beat.

He's a bit of a douche on camera but it's a good show. Least it's not Ford and Chevy junk. The guys on the show seem to just work and get it done. Being comfortable on camera and good on camera are 2 different things. Other than that it's a good show.

Everyone has their opinions. I like the fact that the cars are restored to the original condition. But, that's my opinion.

Everyone has their opinions. I like the fact that the cars are restored to the original condition. But, that's my opinion.
Agreed. 440+6 cars, Hemi, 340 cars... they need to be correct. There is a guy I know in East TN who took a very nice 440+6 GTX and Hacked the hell out of it for a Viper engine. Independent rear and all. It's like dude, there are plenty of 318 Satellites you could have done that to. He sold the numbers matching engine on eBay. I'm glad they really restore the cars, could just do without the childish McCauley Caulkin acting.

There's an M code 69 Cuda sitting out in the boneyard waiting in line. I would expect that would be the A body that gets the TV time

Everyone does have their opinions. I really would like my 65 Barracuda Formula S to be like it was when it was sold in 65.
But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone who has gone in a different direction with their car. I enjoy the fact they go to to have a numbers matching car that is as original as possible
Before someone tells me, I know in 65 there are no way to match the numbers on my 65. To my knowledge the car is original and it would be as hard to prove that it is as it would be to prove that it isn't.

Agreed. 440+6 cars, Hemi, 340 cars... they need to be correct.

I agree with you, Mopar92. That's why I have no reservations about building my current '69 Dart 'my way' - it started out life as a plain ol' Dart 270.
Now, if it had been a 340 Swinger it would be a different story.

I didn't pay full attention last night, but I think I liked last nights show. It seemed somewhat serious and focused. Almost like they incorporated some comments above. The cuda looked kind of sharp in the background.

-
Back