Greetings from Portland OR (62 Dodge Lancer)

-

purplgoon

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to mopars (and project cars in general) - just acquired a '62 Dodge Lancer GT! Runs, drives, stops, but not exceptionally well so I'll be putting up a parts wanted ad soon. Looking for advice on bolt on upgrades solely. I've never taken an engine apart and since it already runs I'd rather not get into a full tear down. It's got the unconventional floor delete but the previous owner was kind enough to through in some floor pans with the rig. I've also got a set of larger wheels to throw on when upgrading to disc brakes. Anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area willing to help show a newbie the ropes please feel free to reach out!

Excited to join this community and can't wait to cruise around this summer in my Lancer!
Cheers, Ian

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

Sweet! Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this post. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download. For upgrades, start with this thread.

Welcome!
Floor delete?? LOL. I have seen that a lot lately.

I TOTALLY agree with @WV64Signet. We rarely see these Lancers at car shows. PLEASE restore it.
Yepp it spent some time at the coast and sat so all that salty air wrecked the underside but the frame seemed solid. I don't know if I have the wallet to do a time period correct restoration however my goal is to make this my spring/summer daily with updates to help modernize it.

There are some very hard core Mopar guys in the Portland area.

Born in Emanuel Hospital, went to John Marshall High then Portland State after a stint in the Marines. Left when I hit 50 because Portland was getting to weird for me and they never saw a tax they didn't want to create or increase. Nice to see real people are still there. And I saw something unusual for Portland... clear, blue sky. Enjoy!

Born in Emanuel Hospital, went to John Marshall High then Portland State after a stint in the Marines. Left when I hit 50 because Portland was getting to weird for me and they never saw a tax they didn't want to create or increase. Nice to see real people are still there. And I saw something unusual for Portland... clear, blue sky. Enjoy!
It is indeed getting too weird! If it weren't for most my family living here, I'd be moving to Arizona or Utah. Cruise on, brother!

-
Back