Greets from Germany

-
Welcome to the FABO family!!!

My family tree is German from my father's side of the family.

Nice! :)

@fishy68 : Bremke is a small town i think. It is in the west of Germany.
Does nobody of you still have contact with your wife's family?
Yep, "Schuette" is a german name probably! ;)

@Bob Cain : Hey Bob, thanks and greets from Germany.

Best regards,
Daniel.

@fishy68 : Bremke is a small town i think. It is in the west of Germany.
Does nobody of you still have contact with your wife's family?
Yep, "Schuette" is a german name probably! ;)

Best regards,
Daniel.

Thanks for the info Daniel. What I meant when I said her family was from Germany is that they were from there before they migrated over here. Not sure if there are still any living there or how we'd contact them. Sorry for the confusion. We'd still like to visit Germany some time so my wife could see where her family was originally from. My Great Grandfather was part German so I also have a little bit of German blood in me so a visit there would also be interesting to me.

Thanks for the info Daniel. What I meant when I said her family was from Germany is that they were from there before they migrated over here. Not sure if there are still any living there or how we'd contact them. Sorry for the confusion. We'd still like to visit Germany some time so my wife could see where her family was originally from. My Great Grandfather was part German so I also have a little bit of German blood in me so a visit there would also be interesting to me.

Ah, alright. Now i got it!
No problem! ;)
Does your wife know when her family migrated over to the U.S.?
It would probably be a little difficult, but it'd be worth it!

Welcome from the greatest spectacle in racing Indianapolis. Sure you can find an old mopar. I got my first one before i was old enough to drive. By the time your done restoring it you will be able to haha best of luck.

No problem! ;)

I'm sure she does but she's in bed right now so I can't ask her. I'll ask tomorrow and get back to you.

Welcome Danial and like everyone else that has tried the rest you will find were the best jmho......Arco

No problem! ;)

She said they came over in 1872. I didn't realize it was that long ago. Probably would be pretty difficult finding relatives.

Welcome from northern Sweden.

I visited northern Sweden just a few months ago in my summer holidays.
It was in July. Just beautiful, nice country!

@sleeper-oem : Really, what was your first Mopar?

@fishy68 : Well, that is probably to long ago to find someone. But maybe someone still lives here. You never know! ;)

herzlich willkommen! Dies ist ein großartiger Ort für Informationen und Gespräche unter Gleichgesinnten Freunde. hoffe es gefällt euch hier.

For the sake of everyone I included it in English below:

(welcome! this is a great place for information and conversation among like minded friends. hope you enjoy it here.)

LOL... She does have some old pics of one of her relatives with his new 1929 Dodge. Of course that was after they came over here.

Mopar-Family since 1929, and maybe longer..Respect!

@TheMoparMan : Howdy! Wohoo, your german is great! But i bet you were born in Germany, and now live in U.S.A. , don't you?

Greets,
Daniel.

ja, das ist meine Familie aus Deutschland. zog in die USA, als ich drei war, oder so ..... wuchs mit meinem Vater sprechen Deutsch. so ist es meiner Väter erste Sprache, aber meine zweite Sprache.

for everyone's sake here it is in English:

yes, my family is from Germany. moved to the USA when I was three or so..... grew up with my father speaking German. so it's my fathers first language but my second language.

You also have to be fluent in Spanish as well here in California these days

por eso yo hablo español, así .... no por diversión, sino que es necesario.

Ensthaft? Nette Geschichte! Drei Spachen fließend, Respekt!

(Really? Nice story! Three fluent languages, respect!)

Guten tag, Daniel- mina namen ist Friedrich

I know I misspelled "My," but I moved from Stuttgart at the tail end of '89, been a looong time

@V-100 : Your german is pretty good! You just misspelled "my" (Mein) and "name" (Name), but i probably would've forgot all the words just after a few years. ;)

Welcome to FABO from Canada, my grandfather was from Germany.
He immigrated to Canada after the first world war which he fought for Germany.
My father fought in the second world war for Canada/the allies.
My grandfather never forgave him for that.
My last name is Zimmer, is it common over there?

Welcome from Ontario Canada. It's nice to hear from young enthusiasts, especially from outside of North America.

Welcome to FABO from Canada, my grandfather was from Germany.
He immigrated to Canada after the first world war which he fought for Germany.
My father fought in the second world war for Canada/the allies.
My grandfather never forgave him for that.
My last name is Zimmer, is it common over there?

Thanks!
Nice story!
Yes, "Zimmer" is common over here! ;)

-
Back